game crashing at loading screen

by Kappawftea

Original Post

Accepted Solution

game crashing at loading screen

★★★ Novice

as of this new year, i am unable to play EA games (namely apex and sims), where they would simply crash seconds into the loading screens, i have not had any issue with any other game, and i've reinstalled them on multiple different drives, and tried them on steam and origin with no success, is there anything i can do?

Message 1 of 8 (1,584 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: game crashing at loading screen

Community Manager

Hi @Kappawftea To check have you tried putting your device in a Clean Boot and running only Origin (or steam) and Apex then checking if this continues? If so would it be possible to get a DxDiag after a crash?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

View in thread

Message 6 of 8 (1,449 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager
@Kappawftea To check do you get an error message with the crash? Can you first check if you have any anti-virus or other security software that may be interfering?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 8 (1,539 Views)

★★★ Novice

most of the time no error messages come up, but in the off chance it does, its code 30005, and i have avast

Message 3 of 8 (1,524 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @Kappawftea Can you try adding Apex and Origin/EAC to any whitelist Avast has, as well as check for any OS and drivers updates then check if this continues? 

Illium.png

Message 4 of 8 (1,510 Views)

★★★ Novice

i have, and it still crashes anyway

Message 5 of 8 (1,486 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @Kappawftea To check have you tried putting your device in a Clean Boot and running only Origin (or steam) and Apex then checking if this continues? If so would it be possible to get a DxDiag after a crash?

Illium.png

Message 6 of 8 (1,450 Views)

★★★ Novice

sadly the game continues to crash after a clean boot, ive also attached the dxdiag

Message 7 of 8 (1,403 Views)

★★★ Novice

bump?

Message 8 of 8 (1,281 Views)