cant

by MmmBlueberry

Original Post

Accepted Solution

cant

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Trouble starting up game.

i recently swapped to pc and downloaded apex, played it fine for the first few days and now for some reason when ever i start it up, it makes it past the anti cheat screen and then freezes when the screen is black and the apex logo is in the bottom right.

i have looked on here and tried everything from flushing dns, deleting friends ( i only have 2 on origin) clearing novid launch setting, reinstalling, repairing the game and nothing has worked please help 

i get no error message and it will stay on the frozen loading screen until i stop it via task manager.

Message 1 of 4 (488 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: cant

Community Manager

Hey @MmmBlueberry

Do you have any controllers or other USB devices connected to your PC besides your mouse and keyboard? If so, can you try disconnecting those to test and see if that makes any difference at all? 

/Kent

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (459 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @MmmBlueberry

Do you have any controllers or other USB devices connected to your PC besides your mouse and keyboard? If so, can you try disconnecting those to test and see if that makes any difference at all? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 4 (460 Views)

★★★ Newbie

wow this actually worked, thank you!

Message 3 of 4 (429 Views)

Community Manager

@MmmBlueberry 

Thanks for letting me know it helped!

It sounds like this is related to a similar issue that other players have been reporting. We've forwarded it up to the Apex Legends team for a look. In the meantime, keeping the other USB devices disconnected should help with the crashes. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 4 of 4 (336 Views)