apex launches and then crashes

by Ace15105

Original Post

Accepted Solution

apex launches and then crashes

★★★ Newbie

Hello,

I have been playing apex legends for a while now and it has always worked fine. Now, apex will launch and then crashes when it goes into the loud intro, it just happened out of no where. I have tried running the game on both stream and apex while having them both downloaded and only having one downloaded but nothing happens. I have tried many things to fix the game, I have repaired game files, changed settings, ran as administrator, passed it through the firewall, cleared cashes, changed drivers (installed new and old drivers), uninstalled and re-installed, deleted everything related to steam and origin and re-installed everything. I have contacted EA help, I got onto a live chat and they suggested trying on a new Microsoft/computer profile and the same problem is happening. When I tried to get back onto the live chat it now just only gives me the option to email EA, so I have, unfortunately I just got redirected to a Microsoft link for when your computer crashes.

I really don't know what to do at this point other than factory reset my computer but I really don't want to go through all that hassle, so I thought that somebody might know on the forums some whys that I have not tried to fix the game.

Any help and suggestions are greatly appreciated and thank you for taking the time to read through my post.

Ace.

Message 1 of 14 (1,448 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: apex launches and then crashes

★★★ Newbie

I have no idea what changed but I just clicked on apex by accident and it miraculously works now. Than you for taking a look at my question Kent but it just works now LOL

View in thread

Message 4 of 14 (1,309 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @Ace15105

Could you post a DxDiag when you've got the chance? For more info on how to grab one check out the EA Help website

Once you have the text file please attach it to this thread. Thanks! 

Kent.png
Message 2 of 14 (1,388 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi Kent,

Thank you for looking at my problem, here is the attached Dxdiag.

Message 3 of 14 (1,359 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have no idea what changed but I just clicked on apex by accident and it miraculously works now. Than you for taking a look at my question Kent but it just works now LOL

Message 4 of 14 (1,310 Views)

Community Manager

@Ace15105 

Thanks for letting me know!

I'm glad to hear it's working now. If anything changes please give me a shout. Thumbs up

Kent.png
Message 5 of 14 (1,211 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I believe I am running into the same issue but it is not fixing itself. I have repaired, uninstalled, troubleshooted for hours over the last few days even installed origin to see if it was a steam issue. This PC is new, everything has worked and continues to work fine except  for apex. I get to that first load in screen where it has the click to start button prompt than my monitor cuts out and I am met with a restart of my pc. No signal of error, no code, no hope of fixing it' seems. The only thing I have gotten positive but incomplete results from was disabling cloud saves, but that only got me another 10-20 sec before it restarted. I would love some assistance if it could be given.

Message 6 of 14 (1,026 Views)

★★ Novice

I have started having this issue today as well. The game loads up no problem to the main menu/ lobby. I had been playing ranked matches for a few hours, then suddenly I could no longer load into matches at all. So far, this only happens with another person in my lobby. We ready up, the noise where we start a new game sounds, goes to black screen, then I find myself in the lobby again and my duo ends up playing the game with the random player. My team ends up with loss prevention, according to my duo. This just started happening today. I attached my dxdiag as well.

Message 7 of 14 (1,009 Views)

★★ Novice
@Taunme Just want to add that this only seems to be happening in Ranked games. I can play Duo and Trio norms with no issues right now.
Message 8 of 14 (1,004 Views)

Community Manager

Hey there, 

When you've got the chance can you try starting up your PC in a Clean Boot to test and see if that helps? I'm curious if something else running might be related to the crashes, and that could help get around it. 

For more info on how you can set up a Clean Boot check out the EA Help website. Please let me know how that goes when you've had the chance to give it a try. Thanks! 

Kent.png
Message 9 of 14 (866 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue and I've tried all of the troubleshooting tips in the EA Help website and still nothing happened. My game (Apex Legends) continues to crash every time I open it. Here's my dxdiag please help me out, I haven't been played the game for atleast 5.-6 weeks now.

Message 10 of 14 (742 Views)