Suspension without warning for one bad word

by djmixxxa69

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Suspension without warning for one bad word

★★★ Novice

I got a 7 day suspension for writing one bad word in Apex chat. I did read the terms and conditions, EA never once in the past issued me a warning (please see the screenshot). Please lift the suspension. I have made an appeal but your representatives clearly didn't read anything nor care. Please note I simply wrote one bad word (was not racist nor objectively offensive) 

Message 1 of 8 (841 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Suspension without warning for one bad word

Community Manager

You will need to speak to our Terms of Service team @djmixxxa69.

In relation to the TOS, as it says our team may warn, suspend or ban you, there is no system where you are required to receive a warning first. 

The process to contact our ToS team can be found here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

1. Click Contact us at the top of any page on EA Help.
  2. Select the game that your account was banned or suspended from. If it’s on your whole EA Account, choose Origin.
  3. Choose your platform.
  4. Select Manage my account, then Banned or suspended account.
  5. Fill out any other details below.
    • For example, if you picked Origin, it might ask you if you are accessing the game through an Origin Access membership.
  6. Click Select contact option.
  7. Sign in to your account that has the ban or suspension, if you aren’t already.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (787 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

You will need to speak to our Terms of Service team @djmixxxa69.

In relation to the TOS, as it says our team may warn, suspend or ban you, there is no system where you are required to receive a warning first. 

The process to contact our ToS team can be found here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

1. Click Contact us at the top of any page on EA Help.
  2. Select the game that your account was banned or suspended from. If it’s on your whole EA Account, choose Origin.
  3. Choose your platform.
  4. Select Manage my account, then Banned or suspended account.
  5. Fill out any other details below.
    • For example, if you picked Origin, it might ask you if you are accessing the game through an Origin Access membership.
  6. Click Select contact option.
  7. Sign in to your account that has the ban or suspension, if you aren’t already.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 8 (788 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hi, I read the TOS. Please see the screenshot with the TOS I was provided in the original email to me 

http://tos.ea.com/legalapp/WEBTERMS/US/en/PC/

The word I posted (again another player was being abusive in voicechat) did not have any of the following which could lead to an immediate suspension without warning : "promoting, encouraging or engaging in hacking, selling EA accounts or entitlements (including virtual currencies and items) without EA’s permission, extreme harassment, or threatening illegal activities." 

Please escalate this this is a total injustice and I'm going to fight this

Message 3 of 8 (765 Views)

★★★ Novice

should I open another case or can you help

Message 4 of 8 (718 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @djmixxxa69 the only team who can assist you is our TOS team.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 5 of 8 (619 Views)

★★★ Novice

The TOS team is not enforcing its own TOS properly as outlined in the screenshot. I've even live chatted with several employees and they say they understand my issue and it should not have been enforced this way. I feel you have an employee(s) that are abusing their power / don't want to admit they are wrong 

Message 6 of 8 (610 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

In addition the game Apex itself contains profanity.... how about you remove profanity from the game if bad words are not ok 

there was context to what I wrote and it was just one word. I explained the entire situation to your TOS team

A 7 day suspension is completely insane given this case and it's just not right 

Message 7 of 8 (599 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @djmixxxa69 I'm going to lock this thread as we are going around in circles.

Please do not create any more threads for this issue.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 8 of 8 (585 Views)