Singapore Ping issues

by BranOtaku

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Singapore Ping issues

★★★★ Novice

Hello, I used to play on Singapore servers regularly, usually getting around 118-150ms  when playing. I found this to be very playable and allowed for a decent gameplay. Now, when playing the game since the start of this season, it's become extensively unenjoyable, with pings ranging from 280-300 and reaching up to 400-500.

I want to ask what happened to the servers, since Apex would state the ping to be around 118ms as I used to play it on, so how does the ping now go up to 280ms instead?

Message 1 of 5 (812 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Singapore Ping issues

EA DICE Team

@BranOtaku for most of the network issues, that we are seeing it's network hubs that you are getting routed to are having issues.

Inside the red box are potential server hubs that keep sending your data to the end destination and in this case our server. If one of those servers hubs has an issue with being overworked or cant handle the data it will reflect on your connection to us and in-game (bad ping, loss of connections, data loss and so on). This is outside of our domain and control as we don't control how your data get sent to us only that our system accepts it. 

image.png

My great paint skills.

/Atic

View in thread

Message 3 of 5 (732 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice

Just want to add on, Tokyo servers indicate it to be 141ms for the game, but when playing, my ping can range from 190 to 220. This is a stark comparison to Singapore servers where I'm meant to have lower ping on. This is just confusing me on how the servers are being mishandled, causing players to have issues like this.

Message 2 of 5 (790 Views)

EA DICE Team

@BranOtaku for most of the network issues, that we are seeing it's network hubs that you are getting routed to are having issues.

Inside the red box are potential server hubs that keep sending your data to the end destination and in this case our server. If one of those servers hubs has an issue with being overworked or cant handle the data it will reflect on your connection to us and in-game (bad ping, loss of connections, data loss and so on). This is outside of our domain and control as we don't control how your data get sent to us only that our system accepts it. 

image.png

My great paint skills.

/Atic

Message 3 of 5 (733 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

So whats the point in having those servers if they dont even work? CAnt you replace these servers for servers in south africa, because there are thousands of south african players that wish to play apex but are forced to play on servers with 200ms.

Message 4 of 5 (579 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Can you not just replace the servers then??????

Message 5 of 5 (455 Views)