Server connection problems

by Temememe06

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Server connection problems

★ Novice

Hey how is it possible that apex legends is the only game that i have server problems with i get 50 packet loss all the time and my ping bounces between 70-100 for no reason and its not my internet connection because everything else works with no problems at all. 

Message 1 of 7 (1,713 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Server connection problems

Community Manager

Hey @Temememe06 Can you check out the following steps if you have not so far?

• Connection and Advance Connection Guides 
  • Check any AV or Firewall that might interfere/control network traffic
  • Check your Modem/router settings for anything that may block/interfere with network traffic
  • Switch from Wi-Fi to ethernet, or if unable move closer to your router. 
  • Untick the options in LAN Settings (make sure nothing is checked under Proxy Server) 
  • Change DNS settings (You can use the public google DNS primary: 8.8.8.8, secondary: 8.8.4.4, unless there is a different DNS you would rather use)  
  • Run the System File Checker tool then Check for Windows and GPU updates  
  • Put your device in a Clean Boot then launch the game

Thanks!

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

View in thread

Message 4 of 7 (1,580 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager
@Temememe06 Thanks for letting us know about what you are seeing with Apex, to check which platform are you on? we can try to go through a few steps and see if we notice any change.

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 7 (1,676 Views)

★ Novice

I am using steam to play apex

Message 3 of 7 (1,667 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Temememe06 Can you check out the following steps if you have not so far?

• Connection and Advance Connection Guides 
  • Check any AV or Firewall that might interfere/control network traffic
  • Check your Modem/router settings for anything that may block/interfere with network traffic
  • Switch from Wi-Fi to ethernet, or if unable move closer to your router. 
  • Untick the options in LAN Settings (make sure nothing is checked under Proxy Server) 
  • Change DNS settings (You can use the public google DNS primary: 8.8.8.8, secondary: 8.8.4.4, unless there is a different DNS you would rather use)  
  • Run the System File Checker tool then Check for Windows and GPU updates  
  • Put your device in a Clean Boot then launch the game

Thanks!

Illium.png

Message 4 of 7 (1,581 Views)

★ Novice

Still doesent work it has gotten worse i cant play at all. I have tried everything but still no change.

Message 5 of 7 (1,512 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This game has horrible servers and even worse bugs that come out with every patch. The game is basically unplayable for a week after any major update and the game just seems like an afterthought to EA despite the fact that it's probably one of their highest played games. It's not even enjoyable to play because every single day me and 2 other people have consistent problems with the servers lagging and random spikes of packet loss and just in general very poor servers and even worse support at addressing these issues. It's been like this for over a week consistently since they dropped the most recent event. This is pathetic and disappointing and I don't even recommend people to play the game anymore because of the lack of care that the game gets.

Message 6 of 7 (567 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@Veivaracan agree to that servers are bad

Message 7 of 7 (354 Views)