Ps5 lag

by jjriver42

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Ps5 lag

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Been experiencing a lot of lag/latency lately. Started out just when running would lag appearing to movie back and forth, but now i will move different directions, basic functions like picking up ammo/weapons take two or three tries, and if needing to hold down a button like to heal or holster weapon it will go back and forth on its own. Trouble shooting steps taken obviously power cycled ps5 and Xfinity internet modem(speeds between 160 mbps and 180). Tried port forwarding, changing the dns setting to the 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4, also tried uninstalling app reinstalling. Ps5 updated to latest software, changed game presets to performance mode. Over 200 gbs of free storage on the console. Using a Samsung Oddesy monitor, direct line to the modem(although happens either direct or WiFi). Tried disconnecting other devices from WiFi, other games(cod) no lag at all. Other devices that use same internet connection stream in 4K just fine either with WiFi or wired convection. Please help this is beyond frustrating! 

Message 1 of 5 (3,779 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Ps5 lag

Community Manager

@jjriver42 To get started you would access these settings through your internet equipment (router/modem), the exact location/screen changes per device. If you have equipment from your ISP I would recommend speaking with them to see how to change these settings. If you have third-party equipment generally google should give a manual or guide from the manufacturer on how to change. 

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (3,663 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager
@jjriver42 To check have you tried defaulting your IP to an IPv4, seeing if you can open your NAT type, and enabling UPnP?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 5 (3,737 Views)

★ Novice

I can definitely try that, by chance do you know how to? If not it’s fine I can look it up.

Message 3 of 5 (3,721 Views)

Community Manager

@jjriver42 To get started you would access these settings through your internet equipment (router/modem), the exact location/screen changes per device. If you have equipment from your ISP I would recommend speaking with them to see how to change these settings. If you have third-party equipment generally google should give a manual or guide from the manufacturer on how to change. 

Illium.png

Message 4 of 5 (3,664 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I have this kind of issue on my ps5 also ,lobby show up is have 87 or 90 ping on Japan sever but end up in game is like 170 worse will be 200 ping 

Message 5 of 5 (2,068 Views)