Possible hacked account?

by RaginKavu

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Possible hacked account?

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Hi all.
Firstly, let me apologize if this isn't the right forum to post this kind of thing.
But yesterday, I noticed that when I clicked to play Apex, it told me that I was already logged in. Which I wasn't. For some time it intrigued me, but then something came up and I couldn't spare the time to play anymore.

Today, I logged into the game normally, using Origin, and I'm faced with a new skin for Horizon, one which I didn't have, and wouldn't buy so soon (the Dark Matter one). Not only that, some hard earned crafting materials went missing. 

So, adding 2+2, I thing I've been hacked. 

Is there any way to remedy this situation? I mean, besides changing my passwords and such?
If so, I'd like all the crafting materials back, in exchange for the skin being taken back, of course. 

Thanks in advance.

Edit:
I've logged in back into the game (after adding an Authenticator to my EA account) and looked into my club logs. Someone used my account to play on Asian, possibly Chinese servers. I'm in South America, so I'd never log into an Asian server. Mainly due to ping issues, and because I wouldn't be able to communicate. I've added a screenshot of it.

I'm afraid they might have used some cheats too, so I'd get banned. What should I do?

Message 1 of 10 (742 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Possible hacked account?

Community Manager

Hey @RaginKavu,

From what you mentioned here, it definitely sounds like someone else may have gained access to the account.

I do see you've added an authenticator and reset passwords, which is great. I'd also recommend going through these steps to help make sure your computer and account are secure.

We're not able to address this directly on the forums, but I would reach out to an advisor after re-securing the account and they'll be able to look into this further.

You can find more information on how to reach them over at the EA Help website. If you prefer you can also speak with them over Twitter or Facebook instead.

Mako.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 10 (726 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @RaginKavu,

From what you mentioned here, it definitely sounds like someone else may have gained access to the account.

I do see you've added an authenticator and reset passwords, which is great. I'd also recommend going through these steps to help make sure your computer and account are secure.

We're not able to address this directly on the forums, but I would reach out to an advisor after re-securing the account and they'll be able to look into this further.

You can find more information on how to reach them over at the EA Help website. If you prefer you can also speak with them over Twitter or Facebook instead.

Mako.png
Message 2 of 10 (727 Views)

★ Apprentice
@EA_Mako Oh, ok. I'll do what I can, from the links you've sent me.
Thanks!
Message 3 of 10 (708 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@EA_MakoI know it's not your fault, just wanted you to know that the "create a case" seems to not be working. When I ask for a chat, it asks me to look at some pop up screen to see when the next support will be available... but no such screen pops up. In any case, thanks again for your reply.

Message 4 of 10 (702 Views)

Community Manager
Hey @RaginKavu,

If you're not seeing a separate window pop up for that chat, I'd definitely recommend checking any ad-block or pop-up settings in place in your browser or any antivirus programs you may be running.

It may also be worth trying to launch that in a different browser or using incognito mode if you've not already tried that.
Mako.png
Message 5 of 10 (634 Views)

★ Apprentice
@EA_Mako Unfortunately, I'm not using any add blocker.
Tried incognito mode on Chrome, and even tried using Edge. In none of those, I was able to make the popup screen show.
And I'm quite sure the one who used my account, used cheats and played with a pre-made squad too.
At this point, I don't even care more about them having spent my crafting materials. I just don't want to get an unjust ban.
Message 6 of 10 (618 Views)

Community Manager

Completely understandable and I appreciate that you're trying to take precautions @RaginKavu.

Our Terms of Service (TOS) team is in charge of any account actions, so in the event your account is banned, you would need to reach out to them to have that reviewed. That's not something we're able to pre-emptively block, though if you've already taken steps to re-secure the account that should certainly help.

If that becomes necessary there is a webform you can use as well, so that may have better luck if you're not seeing a live chat pop-up appear.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

The only other suggestion I have aside from that would be to try opening a chat from a completely different network, such as using a phone browser if you have an available data plan, rather than using potential wi-fi that would keep you on the same network you've been trying via PC.

Mako.png
Message 7 of 10 (610 Views)

★ Apprentice
@EA_Mako Thanks for your patience and replies!
I ended up using my cellphone and wrote a very comprehensive email to Support, even sent the link to this post. It's not the quickest nor the most efficient way, but at least I made it through.
Now I think I'll be able to stop bothering you here ^^'
If everything goes well, I'll drop by just to let you know.
Thanks again for everything!
Message 8 of 10 (602 Views)

★ Apprentice
@EA_Mako So, it turned out that my account did in fact receive a perma-ban. =(
I got notified of it on the 8th. On that same day, I managed to phone Support over here, and they forwarded my case to the Ban Dispute people.
2 weeks of agonizing wait later, and it's been solved!
The only downside is that they couldn't (or wouldn't, who knows) revert the purchase the hacker made. =/
But, at least I'm back at the Games! Yay!
Message 9 of 10 (509 Views)

Community Manager

@RaginKavu That is great news!

I know restorations for in-game Apex purchases can be a bit limited even in these situations, but I'm glad to hear you were able to get that ban overturned.

Thanks for dropping by for the update and have fun in-game!

Mako.png
Message 10 of 10 (505 Views)