PLS EA HELP ME

by Vention

Original Post

Accepted Solution

PLS EA HELP ME

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Good afternoon. Sorry for the Bad english ( i from Brazil ) and EA do not answered me in EA Brazil Support

Today I come to share a very bad experience... Ah a few months ago when I was without a PC someone hacked my Steam account and literally * everything Months later when I get my PC again I see what happened and I request the deletion of the Steam account and then I create a new one and I also see that I would have to wait until November to be able to unlink my Old Steam account from my EA account... in the meantime I played my favorite game (Apex Legends) by EA DESKTOP which unfortunately wasn't a very good experience as I couldn't call my friends as it gave an error when synchronizing the friends list with my New Steam Account and every new season or update the App crashed and I had to uninstall and install the game again to be able to play...

Basically I spent more than 1 entire season playing practically alone at all times and still with these problems... because now the new season has arrived and here comes the error again i needed to install the game all over again, i was very angry and took the desktop ea from the computer and downloaded the game again by ORIGIN and also Steam hoping to play again with friends.

My so dreamed month of November arrives practically along with the new season... Time to try to link my new Steam account and it says that the system does not accept more than one Steam account in the life of my EA account. Just 15 minutes ago I called EA HELP to see if I could fix this issue but it all went wrong in the end or I'm still playing alone on the Origin platform or I create a new EA account to be able to play with my friends on the Steam... I'm just really sad and disappointed because I spend really a lot of money on the game, and here in brazil we do not have so much money to keep spending in a game,

I've been playing it since its launch week I always buy Wraith's Legendary skins which is my favorite character... every season I strain to get it diamond or who knows more. and the first time i need help that really doesn't seem like a big deal i come across this that in order for me to be able to play on my steam i have to create another EA and literally lose all the money i've spent on the game lose all the skins that will not come back. lose literally everything and my progress from my dreamed of Heirloom will also reset. I'm VERY disappointed and I'm seriously thinking about quitting playing for good as playing alone is not the same thing.

[CM - Edited for readability]

Message 1 of 4 (639 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: PLS EA HELP ME

Community Manager

@Vention 

If you'd like to look into deleting your account entirely, I would be sure to check through the article here very carefully first. That will go into all the details of what's going to be affected by deleting the account instead of using a different email address for a new account. 

If you'd like to proceed with deleting the account after that point, please reach out to an advisor and they should be able to help out with that process.

Mako.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (608 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @Vention,

Sorry to hear that you had lost control of your main Steam account. That's certainly a pretty devastating blow for any gamer, aside from the issues that's caused with Apex here.

When it comes to unlinking and re-linking different accounts however, you can find all the details about this process here: 

https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/unlink-gaming-accounts-from-ea-account/ 

As you have found, I'm afraid it is not currently possible to link a different account of the same platform (Steam) if your EA Account has already had that type of account linked in the past. If you're using a new Steam account, unfortunately that means you would need to use a new EA Account as well.

I'm not sure what the process is for Steam so it may be worth reaching back out to Steam support to check, however if you're able to recover the original account and update the information to secure it instead of simply deleting it, that would generally be the better option so as to not lose your progress.

We can certainly pass along the feedback on those limitations but that is not something that can be changed at this time, apologies. 

Mako.png
Message 2 of 4 (621 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Mako I've practically accepted that I lost my stuff... now I only have one last doubt because I can't see myself without playing apex. There is a possibility to delete my current EA account and create another one using the same email as if it were just resetting my account or it would be better to create another one from 0
Message 3 of 4 (619 Views)

Community Manager

@Vention 

If you'd like to look into deleting your account entirely, I would be sure to check through the article here very carefully first. That will go into all the details of what's going to be affected by deleting the account instead of using a different email address for a new account. 

If you'd like to proceed with deleting the account after that point, please reach out to an advisor and they should be able to help out with that process.

Mako.png
Message 4 of 4 (609 Views)