Only getting 10fps in Apex

by KaateBishop

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Only getting 10fps in Apex

★★★ Newbie

After putting the game down for a couple months, when I updated and launched the game, it will only run on 10fps. I have minimized all the video settings, uninstalled and reinstalled the game, rolled my drivers back twice, repaired the game, power-cycled the device, run the game in admin-- it will still only give me 10fps. I have also disabled both Origins and Discord in-game overlay.

I had no issues with the game running on 60+fps before I put the game down over the summer. Task manager jumps between 60-80% GPU usage with Apex and Discord open.

Short from resetting my computer, which I would really rather avoid, I don't know what else to do to solve this issue.

Message 1 of 4 (1,164 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Only getting 10fps in Apex

★★★ Newbie

Hi @EA_Atic ,

I've pretty much disabled all overlays when playing Apex since S1, but I was able to solve the issue with the clean boot. Thank you for that.

I haven't re-enabled all of the applications back, but the few I have re-enabled, haven't messed with my frame rate.

Not sure if it would be helpful to screenshot/list the ones I've left disabled, let me know if it would be helpful and I can post it. I attached a Dxdiag for reference as well.

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (1,073 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team

Hey, @KaateBishop  can you try a clean boot to see if any programs are messing with APEX and turn off any overlay programs, such as Discord or Nvidia experience.

Can you add a Dxdiag so we can see what hardware and drivers you have? 

Let me know if this works or not for you. Standard smile

/Atic

Message 2 of 4 (1,108 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi @EA_Atic ,

I've pretty much disabled all overlays when playing Apex since S1, but I was able to solve the issue with the clean boot. Thank you for that.

I haven't re-enabled all of the applications back, but the few I have re-enabled, haven't messed with my frame rate.

Not sure if it would be helpful to screenshot/list the ones I've left disabled, let me know if it would be helpful and I can post it. I attached a Dxdiag for reference as well.

Message 3 of 4 (1,074 Views)

EA DICE Team
Thanks for sharing! @KaateBishop

/Atic
Message 4 of 4 (966 Views)