Offline friends

by KC_Smurfette

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Offline friends

★★★★★ Newbie

Me and my friend are trying to play apex but we cant play beacuse i cant party her bc she is offline. But on her screen she is online. Im offline for her and she is offline for me. We can both play the game but not with eachother. How do we fix this. 

Message 1 of 33 (42,134 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Offline friends

Community Manager

Hey @KC_Smurfette@gawdofstuff

Are you both playing on PC? If so, you are most likely on a beta version of the Origin client. There was a recent update that will temporarily prevent beta users from seeing non-beta users on their friends list in Origin. For more details check out this thread on the Origin board: 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin-Client-Web-Technical/Origin-Client-Update-to-Chat-and-VoIP-Sunset/m...

After the 30th you should be able to see your friends again if they're using a non-beta Origin client. In the meantime should be able to get around this by opting out of beta participation in the Origin client. 

Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 33 (42,071 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Newbie

Yeah, i have the same issue. 

Message 2 of 33 (42,087 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @KC_Smurfette@gawdofstuff

Are you both playing on PC? If so, you are most likely on a beta version of the Origin client. There was a recent update that will temporarily prevent beta users from seeing non-beta users on their friends list in Origin. For more details check out this thread on the Origin board: 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin-Client-Web-Technical/Origin-Client-Update-to-Chat-and-VoIP-Sunset/m...

After the 30th you should be able to see your friends again if they're using a non-beta Origin client. In the meantime should be able to get around this by opting out of beta participation in the Origin client. 

Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 3 of 33 (42,072 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

okkk thx

Message 4 of 33 (42,059 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

i did it as you said but not work

Maybe that i downloaded game from Beta client 

than after i unistalled origin from beta client and installed on full accses client 

the game was still On disk but downloaded from Old client so im playing apex with Full accses but it was downloaded from beta user 

maybe you can find a way

My problem is same i cant party up with my friends 

Message 5 of 33 (41,989 Views)

★★★ Newbie

im still having this happen all i want to do is play whith freinds he can send me an ivite but on my dide it says hes ofline

Message 6 of 33 (40,051 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @hidingapples2

Are either you or your friend using a beta version of the client? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 7 of 33 (39,826 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey! I was having the same issue but was able to make it work by going offline in Origin and then re-connecting to Online. Hope this works for you!

Message 8 of 33 (38,812 Views)

★★★★ Novice

We are cross platform and having this problem. He is on pc and I'm on ps4. Started when I updated my game today. 

Message 9 of 33 (35,320 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @dandyperson1

Is it this specific friend you're not seeing online, or is it everyone on your friends list? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 10 of 33 (35,227 Views)