Not allowing change of resolution.

by Zethran00

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Not allowing change of resolution.

★★★ Newbie

Resolution will not allow to change out of 1280x720. I am able to run the game at max settings and it runs perfectly fine but it will not allow me to change any resolution settings as well as change from windowed to full screen. Resetting the video settings to default does but it in full screen but still at 1280x720. 

Message 1 of 33 (43,994 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: "Failed to CreateGameWindow. Resolution (1280x720) unsupported?"

★ Guide

@Locolind64  Instead of of writing -window try -fullscreen if that wont help try to manually change resolution and to full screen within config file thats located in C:\Users\Your User Name\Saved Games\Respawn\Apex\local. Files name is videoconfig change these lines:

"setting.defaultres" "here put your desired width"
"setting.defaultresheight" "and height"

"setting.fullscreen" "1" 

View in thread

Message 16 of 33 (49,371 Views)

All Replies

Re: Not allowing change of resolution.

EA DICE Team

Hey @Zethran00, are your GPU drivers up to date and what resolution does your monitor support? 

/Atic 

Message 2 of 33 (43,941 Views)

Can't change resolution in game

★★★ Newbie

Hello, it is pretty self explanatory, I can't change my resolution in game. It wouldn't be a problem, but as I'm not playing on a high end pc, this would really help me. My friend doesn't have this problem what so ever, so I don't know why I can't change it. I can't change the aspect ratio either. Thanks for any answers

Message 3 of 33 (43,871 Views)

Can’t make resolution higher than native

★★★★★ Newbie

My monitor is 1360 x 768 but on Xbox it upscales to 1920x1080 and I can upscale all my pc games using GeForce experience. However apex legends inst on GeForce experience so how can I make it 1920x1080

Message 4 of 33 (43,865 Views)

Re: Can't change resolution in game

EA DICE Team
Hey @liljahod , it sounds like a driver issue for the GPU, try reinstalling it and see if that helps out for you. Standard smile 

/Atic 
Message 5 of 33 (43,811 Views)

"Failed to CreateGameWindow. Resolution (1280x720) unsupported?"

★★ Novice

Every time I try to open the game it shows this error message:

"Failed to CreateGameWindow. Resolution (1280x720) unsupported?"

what to do?

Message 6 of 33 (43,993 Views)

Can't see any other resolution than native in options.

★★ Novice

So i wanted to change my resolution in game while staying fullscreen mode but in video options i see no other resolution than my native 1080p. Setting different height and width in launch commands doesn't work unless it's in windowed mode.please help me

Message 7 of 33 (43,804 Views)

Re: "Failed to CreateGameWindow. Resolution (1280x720) unsupported?"

★ Guide

Do this it should work then:1.png

Message 8 of 33 (43,987 Views)

Unable to change resolution or play in fullscreen?

★★★★ Novice

At first I got an error and was unable to launch the game due to resolution being unsupported. However after updating my drivers it now launches in 1920x1080, but only in windowed mode. In the settings in game it says resolution is 1280x720 and I am unable to change that. If I choose fullscreen as my option I simply get a smaller windowed screen. I have never had any issue like this before. I CAN play it in windowed if I wanted to, but I don't. Anyone else got a similar problem? Or a solution. 

Message 9 of 33 (43,921 Views)

Resolution issues?

★★★ Newbie

There are options to change the resolution in-game from 720 to 1080, my game has it set to my native 1080 but it was playing in a resolution that was 720. I change it to other resolutions and it still stays on 720 no matter what option I choose. At first I thought it was an error with my own system but my resolution is fine on every other game and all my drivers are up to date. I really do enjoy this game but at 720 it really destroys the flow in this game especially when trying to spot targets and be a helpful teammate at a distance. If anyone knows how to fix this problem it would be greatly appreciated.

Message 10 of 33 (43,810 Views)