My pc is restarting every time I load apex.

by TheHairyPickle

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My pc is restarting every time I load apex.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Whenever I load apex up either thru steam or the origins app my pc will get to around the click to continue screen then reset my pc. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling steam, origins, apex, and nivdia geforce experience. I've used CCleaner, and install Visual C++. tried run the applications as an admin. I've checked the integrity of apex thru steam. I have done DxDiag logs and mymsinfo logs. also when it crashes it will sometime delete itself from my steam library. I've been on chats and call for the last 2 days and  nothing has been fixed. every time they tell me to run the game and it just crashes my pc and makes me lose the chat. I just install a new CPU (AMD Ryzen 5 5600x) and got a new motherboard and ram. since then my game has been crashing. does anyone know what could be causing all this? any other ideas on what i could try to fix this problem? I have no problem running other games.

Message 1 of 12 (1,845 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: My pc is restarting every time I load apex.

★★★ Novice

@EA_Kent 

Hey I dont want to jinx anything right now but I have seemed to fix the problem! I guess my old motherboard need a bios update to work with my cpu but when I was try to update it it wouldn't go so I brought it into a store and they took a look and said my old motherboard was broke and I need to replace it! Thank you for all the help along the way!

View in thread

Message 9 of 12 (1,671 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@TheHairyPickleProbably your pc is suffering overheating so you must replace your thermal paste. Tryna check the temperature of your pc.

Message 2 of 12 (1,838 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@ErenYaegerrr I don't think that's the problem I can play any other game with out crashes. I was just playing warzone last night no problem. My temp is around 60 without being in game.

Message 3 of 12 (1,824 Views)

Community Manager

@TheHairyPickle 

It's really bizarre that the game would be removing itself from your Steam Library after a crash. It's almost like something in the installation is getting corrupted to the point where the client can't recognize that it's installed. 

If your temperatures are sitting around 60 degrees C while your PC is idle, that seems a bit high. Have you checked the temperatures while you've got Apex Legends up and running? What are your CPU and GPU temps looking like in-game? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 4 of 12 (1,771 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA_Kent I tried to last night but the game reset my pc. It didn't change to much from what little time I had it up

Message 5 of 12 (1,754 Views)

Community Manager

@TheHairyPickle 

When you have the chance can you grab a DxDiag and share it here so we can take a look? You can find more information on how to pull one up over at the EA Help website. Once you have the text file please attach it to this thread. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 6 of 12 (1,719 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA_Kent 

Alright I ran the DxDiag and have attached it below

Message 7 of 12 (1,712 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @TheHairyPickle

Thanks for sharing that. 

Looking at the Diagnostics section of the DxDiag one thing that stands out to me is a process called triggermodemonitor.exe has been crashing pretty often. It looks like this might be related to an MSI OC software. Are you currently running anything that might fit that description? 

Also, since you've started troubleshooting this have you had the chance to try starting up your PC in a Clean Boot to see if that makes a difference? If this is software-related then a Clean Boot might help to get around the issue that's causing these crashes. For more details on how to set one up check out the EA Help website. Please let me know how it goes once you've had the chance to give it a shot. 

Thanks again,

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 8 of 12 (1,686 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA_Kent 

Hey I dont want to jinx anything right now but I have seemed to fix the problem! I guess my old motherboard need a bios update to work with my cpu but when I was try to update it it wouldn't go so I brought it into a store and they took a look and said my old motherboard was broke and I need to replace it! Thank you for all the help along the way!

Message 9 of 12 (1,672 Views)

Community Manager

@TheHairyPickle 

Ah, I see! I appreciate you following up and letting me know what was happening. I know it's rough to have to replace hardware like that, but I'm glad to hear it seems to be working now. Thumbs up

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 10 of 12 (1,646 Views)