Microphone issues

by Twitch_coolcal22

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Microphone issues

★★★ Newbie

When I use discord my microphone works perfectly fine and my friends can hear every word i'm saying clearly, but when I use the apex voice chat my microphone is not usable, you can't hear what i'm saying as it is too loud and distorted but this only happens in apex, I was wondering if anyone else was having this issue or knew of a solution?

Message 1 of 8 (878 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Microphone issues

Community Manager

Hey @Twitch_coolcal22

Have you had the chance to try repairing Apex Legends to see if that makes any difference at all? If you're playing the game through Origin you can repair it by right-clicking on Apex Legends in the Origin Library and selecting the Repair option when the menu pops up. 

If you're running the game through Steam try verifying the integrity of the game files to see if that helps. For more information on how to verify the files check out the Steam Support website. Let me know if you're still having the same issues with your voice chat afterward. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (844 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @Twitch_coolcal22

Have you had the chance to try repairing Apex Legends to see if that makes any difference at all? If you're playing the game through Origin you can repair it by right-clicking on Apex Legends in the Origin Library and selecting the Repair option when the menu pops up. 

If you're running the game through Steam try verifying the integrity of the game files to see if that helps. For more information on how to verify the files check out the Steam Support website. Let me know if you're still having the same issues with your voice chat afterward. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 8 (845 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Kent How to do that om xbox
Message 3 of 8 (813 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @tijn033

I'm afraid there isn't an option to repair games on Xbox. If there's an issue with the game data you would have to uninstall and reinstall the game. Are you also having problems with your mic? Can you share a bit more information on what's been happening? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 4 of 8 (782 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_Kent i did validate the files but still the same problem
Message 5 of 8 (629 Views)

Community Manager

@mikusupremacy619 

What type of microphone are you using? 

Kent.png
Message 6 of 8 (613 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

@EA_Kentim using the microphone of my headset but it works perfectly fine in any other game or application.This issue is with apex specifically 

Message 7 of 8 (584 Views)

Community Manager

@mikusupremacy619 

Have you had the chance to try starting up your PC in a Clean Boot to see if that helps? If there's anything else running that could be causing issues that might help to narrow it down. 

For more information on how to set up a Clean Boot check out the EA Help website. Let me know how that goes when you can. Thanks! 

Kent.png
Message 8 of 8 (493 Views)