Incredible lags - unplayable (3 red squares)

by B3A5T_Callion

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Incredible lags - unplayable (3 red squares)

★★★ Novice

Hey there!

Since there are no fixes in this matter and the issue is still relevant I think it would be fine to address this once more. This game has many flaws, but I would say that this is one of the worst.

Every 5th game or so, my game starts to lagging, but in a way which is really annoying and unplayable, when this happens, only solution is to leave and start new game. This makes ranked unplayable, because you are going to lose tons of points for nothing. In this video you can see how it looks like.

I've read articles here about this but nothing works.

Tried multiple data centers, every one of them has 35 ms+- and 0% packet loss.

Tried multiple DNS servers, default, google, CISCO, etc.

Tried updating all of my drivers to the latest.

Tried to talk with my provider, nothing wrong there. 50 Mbps/12 Mbps (not great, not terrible).

It is like the server could not sync with my client and therefore whole game is ruined.

Someone said, that if you have good ping and 0% packet loss, problem is at my side, but APEX is only game for me having this issue and I'm clueless what to do next. Could it be in router setting? Network setting? Something within Windows itself? Could re-install OS help? Did anyone solve this?

It is really the worst thing about this game and that is coming from a guy which got ban for nothing on his main account with good money spent there.

Message 1 of 10 (4,954 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Incredible lags - unplayable (3 red squares)

Community Manager

Can you try a clean boot and then immediately launch Origin as administrator to see if it's a program running in the background causing the issue?

How to Clean Boot your PC

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

Blueberry.png

View in thread

Message 6 of 10 (4,872 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@B3A5T_Callion 

Other than that gold armor right after the drop, everything else was tough to watch. Let's see what we can do to really fix that connectivity issue. 

Check out these steps:

1. It's possible Killer Control Center could be playing a factor. Check out this post which helped fix rubberbanding and lag for players.
  2. Log into your router's admin panel (instructions are on the router itself most of the time). Check to see if there is a firmware update.
  3. Open the ports listed for Apex Legends: https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/opening-tcp-or-udp-ports-for-connection-issues/
  4. Check for pending Windows Updates. Search "Windows Updates" in the desktop search bar to check for pending updates.
  5. Right-click on the game in Origin and select "Repair."
  6. Launch the game and let us know what happens.

We have some additional steps below in the article which I'm sure you've taken a look at since you've went to the extent of changing your DNS. Hope this helps!

Basic Connection Troubleshooting

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 10 (4,909 Views)

★★★ Novice

I wish that would help, but it did not.

1. My network isn't using Killer Control Center, so no luck there

2. Already newest version  (TP-Link Archer VR600 router)

3. Opened all ports mentioned in that article

4. Windows is on newest version as well, no updates

5. Game checked and verified, nothing wrong

So I launched game and sadly it didn't help, maybe it is even more frequent than before.

It is strange that few games are flawless without any sign of lags/freezing/dont-know-how-to-call-it and some games are laggy, as in video above, all game long and the lags are consistent for the whole game.

It is like some connection route for a particular game is done in some "bad" direction when its lagging and in "good" direction when it is flawless.

I've read troubleshooting section as well but nothing helped me there.

Some more ideas? I'm kinda desperate.

Message 3 of 10 (4,893 Views)

Community Manager

@B3A5T_Callion 

Can you try going into training mode first before going into other modes? Another player posted a while back that helped fix the latency issue. I just want to know if that actually works for you so we can notify the team.

Can you upload DxDiag and UO Trace for me? Do you play on  WiFi connection or is your PC wired in?

How to Pull a DxDiag

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

UO Trace

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

Blueberry.png
Message 4 of 10 (4,885 Views)

★★★ Novice

I think if I hit training mode first, some games later I will still get lags.

I'm connected to network by cable.

Uploading those requested files. I can see that in uotrace there is one hop with some minor packet loss, could it be the reason? Data centers in APEX showing packet loss 0%.

Message 5 of 10 (4,880 Views)

Community Manager

Can you try a clean boot and then immediately launch Origin as administrator to see if it's a program running in the background causing the issue?

How to Clean Boot your PC

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

Blueberry.png
Message 6 of 10 (4,873 Views)

★★★ Novice

Gotta leave for a weekend, will let you know afterwards.

Message 7 of 10 (4,853 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

This is a plot by EA ( well it is possible of course EA will deny it but this coincidence is, you get the lag, so it would be difficult for you to get the Iron Crown Event challenges done, so you will want to spend real money, to get the exclusive event items, what a interesting coincidence )

So what is the real reaon behind this, you judge by yourself.

Have fun !

Message 8 of 10 (4,845 Views)

★★★ Novice

Playing 2nd day so far and no lags! But it is hard to believe that it was because some software :/ Will let you know if lags appears again.

Message 9 of 10 (4,783 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hey, do you know how to repair that problem on PS4? Because I have this 3 red squares too and they are soo annoying :/

Message 10 of 10 (4,217 Views)