Original Post

Accepted Solution

I can't report cheating and harassment!

★★★ Pro

Product: Apex Legends

PlatformPlayStation 4

Model: PlayStation 4 (Original Model)

Hi

So I recently caught players cheating in Apex Legends PS4 and I read the EA Help Article on reporting.

There is no exclamation mark button under their name and no "Hold {Button} Report Player" prompt. Is this just me or is it an issue with everybody else?

The article SAYS that this report tool is for both PC and console but I recently learned that doing this on Xbox Apex Legends sends you to their report tool and the in-game one only works for PC. What is this?!

And this PC only reporting feature only allows you to report exploiting! Please. Fix. The. Report. Tool. And. Allow. Console. Players. To. Access. It. As. Well.

Message 1 of 40 (16,009 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: I can't report cheating and harassment!

Community Manager

Hi there, @CompleatBeet.

You should also be able to report players by following the steps here. Thanks!

Aljo.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 40 (15,935 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi there, @CompleatBeet.

You should also be able to report players by following the steps here. Thanks!

Aljo.png
Message 2 of 40 (15,936 Views)

★★★ Pro

Hi @EA_Aljo 

The link is useful but it doesn't help a lot. If I wanted to report somebody abusing in-game voice chat there is no way for me to do this: the same for somebody teaming with enemies or if my random teammate doesn't respawn/revive me intentionally.

Message 3 of 40 (15,917 Views)

Community Manager

@CompleatBeet 

Instructions for reporting PS4 players are in that article. That's the only way to report abusive behavior currently.

Aljo.png
Message 4 of 40 (15,864 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@EA_Aljo 

Actually, the instructions for reporting on PS4 do NOT work.. There is NO button to report players on PS4. So what is the real way to report people or does your company just not care about the console player base?

I've run into so many blatant cheaters over the past year and a half, with video proof even, and there's no way to report them on PS4.. Regardless of what your wonderful pre-written (WRONG) article states.

Would love someone to chime in with actual instructions on how to report on PS4.

Please and Thank You!

Message 5 of 40 (15,793 Views)

Community Manager

@Lucis133 

Are you not seeing the triangle with an exclamation mark in it as described by the article here?

Aljo.png
Message 6 of 40 (15,692 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@EA_Aljo 

That's correct.  The triangle with an exclamation mark has never been there, for me or anyone I've asked on PS4.  I have checked every season update, and it's never there..

The only icons that I have ever seen are the voice chat icon and ping icon for my squad.  Never the exclamation triangle.

Message 7 of 40 (15,569 Views)

Community Manager

@Lucis133 

Thanks for letting me know. After asking around, it seems there have been a few other reports of this. For now, you'll have to report people through the instructions here. Apologies for the trouble!

Aljo.png
Message 8 of 40 (15,481 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

So, since I'm right about not having the option to properly report people on Apex PS4, my only option is to use a Contact Us form?  A form that will probably have zero to little impact on the events that actually happened? lol...

In other words, my best bet is to just stop playing and paying for games from EA since they can't even program a report function into them properly? Got it.  Thanks for the assistance!

Which is a shame since I've been playing Apex since the day it was surprise released back in February 2019..

Thanks for the non-help. Typical EA to be honest. Enough is enough though...

Message 9 of 40 (15,350 Views)

Community Manager

@Lucis133 

That's not at all what I'm saying. There's an issue with reporting at the moment and hopefully, we'll have it resolved soon. This is working for the vast majority of the people playing, but for some reason, some of you are experiencing this. We are constantly looking at reports and taking action on accounts.

Aljo.png
Message 10 of 40 (15,334 Views)