How EA wrongfully banned me and did nothing to inform me as to how and why

by Florioon

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How EA wrongfully banned me and did nothing to inform me as to how and why

★★★ Newbie

Recently EA decided to permaban my apex  account for "breaking gameplay rules". After appealing the ban and requesting more information as to why I was banned someone from EAhelp live chat saw that there was no "unusual activity" on my account and escalated my case to the higher ups to look more closely into the ban. 2 days later I get an email from EA saying that they had reset my password to make sure my account was safe. That's it nothing more. I come home from work, log in to apex and find out my ban is removed. 

Realising how stupid this entire thing was I decided to contact EA help again and requested more information as to WHY they had decided to PERMABAN my account for seeminly no reason and why I did not get any information whatsoever as to the removing of the permaban. 

As it turns out EA decided to permaban my account because of a "suspicious login" and the "changes they made". Now this is strange. The first EA helper told me there had been no "unusual activity". But EA banned my account because of of "suspicious login". And they decided instead of telling me any of this they would just sent me an email saying i had gotten permabanned for breaking gameplay rules.

This is unacceptable. EA you can't treat players like this. How is any of this normal?

To put this chronologically for all of you reading this.

1. My account get's permabanned and I get an email telling me I've been banned for breaking gameplay rules.

2. I contact EAhelp who tell me there has been no "unusual activity" on my account and they escalte the case

3. I get an email from EA telling me they have reset my password.

4. Turns out the permaban has been lifted when I login to apex again

5. I contact EAhelp demanding more information. They tell me my account was banned because of a suspicious login and the changed they made.

As you can clearly see step 2 + 5 are contradicting each other. And yet.. while all of this is happening I was scared that I had lost my apex account. The account that I had been playing on since beta. The account that I had grinded on. 

In step 5 the man from EAhelp told me they had banned my account due to security reasons until owned by the true owner. So they decided to ban my account for suspicious login and changed that the login made. Decide not to tell me any of this and just expect the true owner to come and claim it. I appeal the ban, they unban me, still not telling me as to how and why I got banned. 

This is not how you interact with your customers, your players, the people who support you. I've truly but one word for this: Unacceptable. EA this can't happen. 

I have added 2 pictures of the chats I've had with EAhelp as proof. I hope for any of you reading this that you now know how little EA thinks of informing their customers as to what they are doing with accounts and that they share this forum post to help raise awereness so that EA might fix this huge problem.

Message 1 of 7 (1,911 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: How EA wrongfully banned me and did nothing to inform me as to how and why

Community Manager

You will need to speak to our Terms of Service team in relation to any ban @Florioon.

There is no other way to speak with the team and we are not able to assist with TOS issues on AHQ.

The process to contact our ToS team can be found here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

1. Click Contact us at the top of any page on EA Help.
  2. Select the game that your account was banned or suspended from. If it’s on your whole EA Account, choose Origin.
  3. Choose your platform.
  4. Select Manage my account, then Banned or suspended account.
  5. Fill out any other details below.
    • For example, if you picked Origin, it might ask you if you are accessing the game through an Origin Access membership.
  6. Click Select contact option.
  7. Sign in to your account that has the ban or suspension, if you aren’t already.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (1,859 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

You will need to speak to our Terms of Service team in relation to any ban @Florioon.

There is no other way to speak with the team and we are not able to assist with TOS issues on AHQ.

The process to contact our ToS team can be found here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

1. Click Contact us at the top of any page on EA Help.
  2. Select the game that your account was banned or suspended from. If it’s on your whole EA Account, choose Origin.
  3. Choose your platform.
  4. Select Manage my account, then Banned or suspended account.
  5. Fill out any other details below.
    • For example, if you picked Origin, it might ask you if you are accessing the game through an Origin Access membership.
  6. Click Select contact option.
  7. Sign in to your account that has the ban or suspension, if you aren’t already.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 7 (1,860 Views)

★ Novice

Its normal for EA. I have perma ban on acc fot nothing, on all games. 15-year-old account without any wrongdoing. I have now perma ban and EA ignore me, support ignor me too and only send csrl+v answer. I have perma ban for say in chat : He use * aimbot. Boom i have perma ban on 20-30 games. GJ EA. Their behavior is disgusting and incapable of support. After writing a letter in support of a long report where I ask questions about the mine, no one has ever answered a single question. 

Message 3 of 7 (1,798 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @TremyX99 you will need to direct any questions related to a ban to our TOS team using the steps I posted above.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 7 (1,771 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

you're funny... speak to them he says... what a joke!

Message 5 of 7 (967 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

" speak to the guys who wrongfully banned you" i mean... right?

Message 6 of 7 (965 Views)

EA SPORTS FC Team

Hey @GRIFFURE,

the post is already very old - therefore I close the thread at this point in accordance with the forum rules regarding necro-posting.

If your problem persists, or you have a current concern, please make a new post.

Please always pay attention to the date of the last post, and when the thread was created. Thank you!

/closed

~rephii

Message 7 of 7 (826 Views)