Hacked and banned Apex Legends account

by YaBoyMirage

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Hacked and banned Apex Legends account

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

My account got hacked between Friday January 22 - Saturday January 23. I played my last game Friday night. Duos. As Octane. I only play Mirage and Octane.

Anyway, I win the game, and off to bed.

Next day, I login around lunch time to check something. Wasn't gonna play or anything. I Iogin, and I see Wraith standing in the lobby. That's not the last character I played.

Whatever. I look up at my currency. Everything is gone. I thought it was just a bug, so I re-launch the game. And it's still gone. I check last match summary. Someone had played a ranked match with Wraith six hours ago (I was still asleep when this took place).

So I go to the character screen to see what this guy used my currency for. First thing I see is that all the characters are unlocked. I still hadn't unlocked five of the characters when I last played. Whatever. I look around. Pretty much every legend has something new. Pathfinder had a new legendary skin, aswell as Wattson. Multiple hologram emotes were unlocked for characters I don't even play. 

So I contact EA regarding my lost currency (I didn't know I was banned yet). He tells me via live chat that there was nothing he could do. Wonderful. We enabled two-step verification, changed password. He deactivated and reactivated my account. I sucked it up. I lost my long time saved up currency.

Few hours later I decide to hop into a match. BAM. Immediately kicked out and got an error message telling me my account was banned. BANNED. 

I make a case at EA support, tell them all about this. Because I don't know what's going on. Waiting for them to check my case and email me back takes a hundred years, so I talk to a few bots via live chat. They all tell me they are escalating my case to a "concerned team". Right... 

I check in on my case a while later. "No fix available".

I make a new case. Over and over. I check in with a bot on live chat. He said: "Let's take care of the ban.!" I thought this might be my lucky day. Then he said: "I'm escalating your cas..."

Ok...

I said: "Please, just check where my account has been logged in recently." EA can do that, right?

He said: "I will personally tell the other team to look at your case."

Wonderful. Few hours later my case says "no fix available."

Nobody is helping here.

I try to check in with live chat again, but now the option is gone. I've tested multiple countries. Maybe they got tired of me. I don't know.

Man, I've been waiting for Season 8 since Season 7 started, and this is what happens. Just my luck. And the guy who hacked me must have done it out of pure malice. Why would you go into someone's account, spend all their currency, use a cheat, and then get them banned?

Starting a new account is not an option. This is terrible support. It would probably take 90 seconds to see if my account was hacked. Because it definitely was.

Message 1 of 39 (6,269 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Hacked and banned Apex Legends account

Community Manager

Hi there, @YaBoyMirage.

I definitely understand your frustration. Unfortunately, we can't help with this over Answers HQ. The ban can be disputed by following the instructions here. For help with hacked accounts, please see these instructions. Thank you!

Aljo.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 39 (6,234 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi there, @YaBoyMirage.

I definitely understand your frustration. Unfortunately, we can't help with this over Answers HQ. The ban can be disputed by following the instructions here. For help with hacked accounts, please see these instructions. Thank you!

Aljo.png
Message 2 of 39 (6,235 Views)

★★ Novice

I had the same problem, I woke up and saw a bunch of new items and stuff unlocked on my account but didn't make too much of it. I tried queueing up with my friends shortly after and saw that I was banned, I checked my e-mail as well and saw nothing until about 4 hours ago (e-mail was sent like 12-ish hours after the ban it seems). I instantly appealed it showing pictures of what seems to be someone from an Asian country on my account because in my club messages instead of saying "Resuwrecktion placed 4th/5th etc in Trios" the message for 3 games said "resuwrecktion has placed 4th/5th etc in [insert chinese/japanese letters] here. It was obvious someone else played on the account and used cheats to get the account ban so I came here to the forums and it seems a lot of other people have had this happen to them but we're just getting the same copy paste answers from the people who are supposedly trying to help us. I don't have much hope for getting my account back but it's worth a shot with the ban appeal. Kinda sucks that all it takes is for someone to check the IP of where the games were being played from to say "hmm yeah these games where the cheats were occurring were literally on the other side of the world" and unban the person after they changed their password and set up 2FA. From everyone else's response it seems they've gone months without answers and I'm sure I will to.

Message 3 of 39 (6,224 Views)

★★★ Novice

bro the same thing happened to me few days before season 8 started because i didnt play this game after ive finished my lvl 110 battle pass and someone played my acc and placed first in ranked(i assume because my rank suddenly become plat 1 which i never reached before) and it is in chinese characters and now i cannot play season 8 because i was banned...i made reports to support already and they said i was cheating and im still banned Frown

Message 4 of 39 (6,109 Views)

Community Manager

Hello, @apanboi.

Did you also dispute the ban on your account?

Aljo.png
Message 5 of 39 (6,084 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Aljo i did and i received email saying they are investigating the case right now... and so im waiting for it.
Message 6 of 39 (6,078 Views)

Community Manager

@apanboi 

Great. Please keep an eye on your email. They will respond as soon as the investigation completes.

Aljo.png
Message 7 of 39 (6,074 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@resuwrecktion I had the EXACT same issue!! Same club text and everything. Mine happened January 18th. I spent so much money on that game to get caustic's and mirage's heirloom and now its all gone. I emailed TOS the day of with no response. I've been checking my email daily and surfing the EA support for any sort of help at all. This really sucks and I'm incredibly tempted to get someone else bigger involved. If this was a bigger streamer they'd be unbanned in less than an hour. I'm so fed up with EA.
Message 8 of 39 (5,993 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Don't be too hopeful man, same happened to me 2 weeks ago now, and no response so far, after messaging about my case everyday, I just get the same reply. "It's been escalated, keep an eye on your email."

Message 9 of 39 (5,953 Views)

★ Novice

Same. I've always used octane and horizon as my main. however the last game I played was using bloodhound. After a few days of not playing, I decided to log in again and to my surprise it was wraith standing in the lobby and after checking my skins I had  a new lifeline skin whuch I dont recall having. After that I decided to queue for rank and then boom... account banned. I was in shock. When I went to check the lobby once again, I saw that I was at Plat 3 and at lvl 206. It was weird because the last match I played barely got me to gold 4 and I was at lvl 200 at the time of that game. I really dont know how I had my account banned and more so on how it got hacked. Im currently trying to contact EA help and I hope to retrieve my account again. Ive been through thick and thin with that account and although Ive never actually reached a rank above gold in my life, I just hope I can still play with it. Ive had it since the release of Apex. Right now, Ive made a new acc but assuming I dont get that account back, I might just quit apex altogether Frown

Message 10 of 39 (5,551 Views)