Engine Error: FS_CheckAsyncRequest

by xMoodyJDx

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Engine Error: FS_CheckAsyncRequest

★★★ Novice

Encountering the issue mentioned on the subject, however, I already have Apex and EAC installed on the Drive where Windows is installed.

I tried verifying the integrity of the game files but that did not fix it also. Reinstalled EAC as well but to no avail.

Any other suggestions that can fix this particular issue?

I've attached the Engine Error Prompt that I have received for (probably) the fifth time.

Let me know if anything else is needed to troubleshoot this.

Message 1 of 48 (26,461 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Engine Error: FS_CheckAsyncRequest

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Under investigation. Accepting as solution for visibility purposes only.

Hey everyone,

Thanks for the posts! This is something the team is aware of and looking into.

In the meantime however, if you're currently running the DX12 version of Apex please try switching back to the DX11 version or changing to a higher model detail as a temporary workaround since we're seeing this predominantly affecting players using the current DX12 beta.

As a reminder, if you're looking to check out the DX12 beta you can do so with the following steps, while swapping back to DX11 would just involve removing these commands.

How to try DX12

A graphics card with a minimum DirectX Feature Level of 12_0 is required to launch the game with DX12. To determine your Feature Levels, open the Run dialog (Windows Key+R) and type “dxdiag”. Feature Levels are listed in the Drivers section of the Display tab.

EA App:

1. From “My Collection”, click on the three dots in the upper right corner of the Apex Legends tile and select “View Properties”.

2. Add "-eac_launcher_settings SettingsDX12.json" in the text box under “Advanced Launch Options”.

3. Click “Save” and launch the game normally.

Origin:

1. From “My Game Library”, right click Apex Legends -> Game Properties -> Advanced Launch Options

2. Add "-eac_launcher_settings SettingsDX12.json" to Command line arguments

3. Click “Save” and launch the game normally

Steam

1. From your library, right click Apex Legends, and select Properties.

2. Add "-eac_launcher_settings SettingsDX12.json" to “Launch Options”

3. Close the properties window and launch the game normally

Mako.png

View in thread

Message 6 of 48 (26,234 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

@EA_Pulsar  here is the new post. Let me know if there's anything else needed from my end.

Message 2 of 48 (26,445 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem since yesterday evening. There was an Apex update, maybe that's the reason?

I tried to install Apex on C: together with windows, updated all drivers including Nvidia (tried 3 different versions) and reinstalled Apex, but nothing changed.

It's interesting that the error only appears in ranked games, not in public or tdm. And also on different maps (Storm Point yesterday and Broken Moon today)

Everytime in the 2nd or 3rd game. 1st ranked game was without any problems until now.

Hopefully Respawn will fix this fast, because this is my best ranked season until now and I would really like to grind more.

I also attached my error message, in case it would help anyone

Message 3 of 48 (26,273 Views)

fs check async request returned error for model <noinfo> offset 28672 count 5004

★★★★★ Newbie

has appeared 3 times in 2 days once randomly and 2 different times using scan beacons

Message 4 of 48 (26,251 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

ive gotten this error 3 times in pubs didn't see this post before i posted mine. But in mine actually happened when i used scan beacons. right at the end of the animation it crashes.

Message 5 of 48 (26,249 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Under investigation. Accepting as solution for visibility purposes only.

Hey everyone,

Thanks for the posts! This is something the team is aware of and looking into.

In the meantime however, if you're currently running the DX12 version of Apex please try switching back to the DX11 version or changing to a higher model detail as a temporary workaround since we're seeing this predominantly affecting players using the current DX12 beta.

As a reminder, if you're looking to check out the DX12 beta you can do so with the following steps, while swapping back to DX11 would just involve removing these commands.

How to try DX12

A graphics card with a minimum DirectX Feature Level of 12_0 is required to launch the game with DX12. To determine your Feature Levels, open the Run dialog (Windows Key+R) and type “dxdiag”. Feature Levels are listed in the Drivers section of the Display tab.

EA App:

1. From “My Collection”, click on the three dots in the upper right corner of the Apex Legends tile and select “View Properties”.

2. Add "-eac_launcher_settings SettingsDX12.json" in the text box under “Advanced Launch Options”.

3. Click “Save” and launch the game normally.

Origin:

1. From “My Game Library”, right click Apex Legends -> Game Properties -> Advanced Launch Options

2. Add "-eac_launcher_settings SettingsDX12.json" to Command line arguments

3. Click “Save” and launch the game normally

Steam

1. From your library, right click Apex Legends, and select Properties.

2. Add "-eac_launcher_settings SettingsDX12.json" to “Launch Options”

3. Close the properties window and launch the game normally

Mako.png
Message 6 of 48 (26,235 Views)

★★★ Novice

Happens to me once per game since the update - just about guaranteed. I only play pubs. I do use DX12 and haven't tried DX11 yet. I'm reluctant to use DX11 because I'm using Linux and async shader caching is a mess.

Message 7 of 48 (26,203 Views)

★ Guide

I am also getting this error since yesterday's update. Same with my brother and a friend of mine. 

Message 8 of 48 (26,157 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same problem. Happens randomly and I am using dx12 since I will always crash on dx11 no matter what I do. My specs are 12700k and 6750xt. This constant crashing is really ruining my ranked and matchmaking experience as I usually end up joining back already dead or not being able to join back at all. Hope this gets fixed soon!

Message 9 of 48 (26,139 Views)

Community Manager

Hey. to add a little more detail. this seems to primarily happen when running in low model detail and interacting with survey beacons. 

Changing your model detail to be a little higher should also help while this is being worked on. 

https://twitter.com/Respawn/status/1649173342937812992

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 10 of 48 (26,007 Views)