Distorted Sound in MSI Laptop : Nahimic 3 and Realtek driver version UAD 8491

by Curiosity007

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Distorted Sound in MSI Laptop : Nahimic 3 and Realtek driver version UAD 8491

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I am facing a very serious sound problem. I have MSI laptop, with Nahimic 3. Whenever I am in Apex, the sound becomes muffled/suppressed/distorted. So, the footsteps, gun sounds etc. are very distorted. Please let me know if anyone else has faced this issue and how to solve it.

I am playing this game since the launch and this problem arises frequently. Earlier I have to do a system reset just to solve this. I have done multiple system restores, new driver installation and uninstall and all the usual procedures, but no luck. Please let me know what are the files needed for debugging, and I will upload those. 

Message 1 of 24 (9,705 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Distorted Sound in MSI Laptop : Nahimic 3 and Realtek driver version UAD 849

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@Curiosity007I know what is causing this issue directly, joys of Modding drivers for the Nahimic 2 systems to run Nahimic 3, In software components in Device Manager you will noticed a A-Volute Nh3 Audio Effects Component, If this is version 1.6.1 roll back its drivers to 1.5.1 this component is known as Nahimic 3's SWC driver and the file that causes the issue is called NAHIMICV3apo.dll. After rolling back reboot your system and everything should be running again cleanly.

View in thread

Message 22 of 24 (10,447 Views)

All Replies

Re: Distorted Sound in MSI Laptop : Nahimic 3 and Realtek driver version UAD 849

★★★★★ Expert

@Curiosity007 wrote:

I am facing a very serious sound problem. I have MSI laptop, with Nahimic 3. Whenever I am in Apex, the sound becomes muffled/suppressed/distorted. So, the footsteps, gun sounds etc. are very distorted. Please let me know if anyone else has faced this issue and how to solve it.

I am playing this game since the launch and this problem arises frequently. Earlier I have to do a system reset just to solve this. I have done multiple system restores, new driver installation and uninstall and all the usual procedures, but no luck. Please let me know what are the files needed for debugging, and I will upload those. 

It happened to me for quite some time. So I just kinda noticed some weird pattern that triggered this. At least I think so. So, there was this friend of mine and we would just text a lot in origin. Sometimes while we were playing. So when my friend would send me a text, I would either open origin overlay or minimize the game and text back. Every time this happened, the sound in Apex would just become so low and weird. Like I couldn't hear anything. I noticed this a lot of times and so I figured that origin overlay/chat is causing this somehow. So I turned notification and invite sound off and disabled origin in-game overlay. I haven't had any problem ever since. Maybe the problem fixed itself. However, unlike you, it would only happen when I received a text. A game or system restart would make it normal again. Try it out. Maybe it will work or I am just wrong.

Message 2 of 24 (9,678 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks for the help, @BaldWraithSimp 

@Curiosity007 Do you have 7.1 virtual surround selected in your playback devices? Solution

Would you mind uploading a DxDiag for us so we can look at your full system specs?

How to Pull a DxDiag

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Blueberry.png
Message 3 of 24 (9,667 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@BaldWraithSimp I have faced this as well. But this can be solved by exiting origin and restarting origin. What I am facing now, is altogether muffled sound.
Message 4 of 24 (9,659 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@EA_Blueberry  Please find the Dxdiag Report. Also, my soundcard supports only stereo. 

Tried almost all the methods described here. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Audio-issues/td-p/7420598/

Message 5 of 24 (9,652 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@Curiosity007  It's muffled in every game??? Well, I don't know about that.

Message 6 of 24 (9,640 Views)

Community Manager

@Curiosity007 

Try right-clicking on the game in Origin and select "repair" to see if that has any positive effect. It might be worth reinstalling too if that hasn't been done yet, perhaps it's due to corrupted files during the installation.

We have some other threads below with potential solutions:

Blueberry.png
Message 7 of 24 (9,624 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@EA_Blueberry  Repaired the game, changed audio frequency to 16 bit, 44KHz. But no luck. Most of the people solved the problem by changing from 7.1 to stereo. But I only have stereo, so I am not sure how to resolve this. Here is an ingame screenshot of audio tab. I am seeing that other people don't have anything in the lower most part, whereas my game shows windows sound configuration as Headphone/speaker. Maybe this might help you to debug the issue. 

Message 8 of 24 (9,617 Views)

Community Manager

@Curiosity007 

Can you confirm whether you've tried all the steps I previously sent above? Have you tried reinstalling the Realtek drivers?

Blueberry.png
Message 9 of 24 (9,582 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Blueberry Yes. I have tried all those steps. I tried uninstalling and deleting driver, and then reinstall it. But no luck yet.
Message 10 of 24 (9,570 Views)