Computer Freezing etc, due to apex

by Neeetriht

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Computer Freezing etc, due to apex

★★ Novice

Hello, I've been having an issue with apex for maybe a little over a month but I never really addressed it. I'm currently having problems with my computer like freezing, random shutoffs, blue screen and then after five or more problems, it just randomly stops freezing etc. 

For example it would be like:

Blue screen

shutoff

freeze

freeze

shutoff 

can play apex normally 

Is there anyway i can fix this?

---------------------------------------------------

Motherboard: ASRock 970M Pro3

CPU: AMD FX(tm) - 8320 Eight-Core Processor

GPU: Geforce GTX 1050 Ti

RAM: 8.00 GB

Message 1 of 10 (1,532 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Computer Freezing etc, due to apex

Community Manager

@Neeetriht 

Thanks! I appreciate that. 

Looking through the DxDiag I did notice that a process called wmiprvse.exe was crashing alongside the bluescreens you've been seeing. That .exe is a Windows system process called WMI Provider Host, which is always running in the background. If something is causing this process to crash that might be related to the bluescreens and other issues you've been seeing. 

When you have the chance can you try running the Windows System File Checker on your PC to see if that makes any difference for you at all? If these crashes are coming from a corrupted or missing system file in Windows that may help fix the issue. You can find more info on how to run this over at the Microsoft Support website

Let me know if you're still seeing any of the same issues happening after that. Thanks again!

/Kent

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 10 (1,408 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi @Neeetriht

When you have the chance can you post a DxDiag so we can take a look? For more information on how to pull one up, check out the EA Help website

Once you have the file please attach it to this thread. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 10 (1,468 Views)

★★ Novice

Here is the file that you requested. 

Message 3 of 10 (1,451 Views)

Community Manager

@Neeetriht 

Thanks! I appreciate that. 

Looking through the DxDiag I did notice that a process called wmiprvse.exe was crashing alongside the bluescreens you've been seeing. That .exe is a Windows system process called WMI Provider Host, which is always running in the background. If something is causing this process to crash that might be related to the bluescreens and other issues you've been seeing. 

When you have the chance can you try running the Windows System File Checker on your PC to see if that makes any difference for you at all? If these crashes are coming from a corrupted or missing system file in Windows that may help fix the issue. You can find more info on how to run this over at the Microsoft Support website

Let me know if you're still seeing any of the same issues happening after that. Thanks again!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 4 of 10 (1,409 Views)

★★ Novice

There isn't as much freezing as before, but I am still getting random shutoffs from my computer, and after that it freezes. But most defenitly not as much as before - freeze,freeze,shutoff, etc

Message 5 of 10 (1,381 Views)

Community Manager

@Neeetriht 

Thank you for following-up!

Have you been keeping an eye out on your PC temperatures while you're playing? I'm wondering if the temps might be getting too high and causing the PC to freeze or crash. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 6 of 10 (1,315 Views)

★★ Novice

Oops, totally forgot about this post, but temperatures has been getting really high depending on what games I play. The fans goes very loud, and the computer gets quite hot. 

Message 7 of 10 (1,269 Views)

Community Manager

@Neeetriht 

The high temperatures might be the culprit. Most hardware is able to throttle itself when temperatures get too high to avoid damage to components, but that can often have side effects like diminished performance or crashing. 

Is it your CPU or GPU that's running hot, or is it both? Have you checked to make sure they're getting good airflow? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 8 of 10 (1,204 Views)

★★ Novice

Airflow is pretty meh, since there is a pandemic going on right now, it's quite difficult to get a air duster from walmart, best buy etc. So I would assume dust would be the problem. Another solver would be like just turning off the power supply using the button in the back. 

Message 9 of 10 (1,165 Views)

Community Manager

@Neeetriht 

It could be dust build-up. You may also be able to adjust your fan curves to see if you can get them to run a little faster and push more air through, though that can get noisy. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 10 of 10 (1,013 Views)