Cant connect switch to ea account for apex

by tmegzzz13

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Cant connect switch to ea account for apex

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have tried literally everything that I've found to try and get my nintendo account to connect to my ea account and nothing works. I've even created a new email, new nintendo account and new ea account and absolutely NOTHING has worked.. it doesn't matter what I do. I've been trying FOR A WEEK and I keep getting the same "We encountered an error and couldn't complete your request. Try again a little later." Pls help before I throw my switch through the window 🙄

[CM - edited some formatting for improved readability]

Message 1 of 16 (3,110 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Cant connect switch to ea account for apex

Community Manager

Thank you for giving it a try!

I think it would be best to reach out to the EA Help team so they can take a look at your account and see what might be preventing you from logging in. For more info on how to set up a case with them check out the EA Help website. You can also speak with the team over Twitter or Facebook instead, if you prefer. 

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 7 of 16 (2,908 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi @tmegzzz13

Can we try out some troubleshooting to see if we can help get the accounts linked up? 

A good place to start out would be with the basic and advanced connectivity steps from the EA Help website. If you're still having any trouble linking the accounts afterward please let me know. Thanks! 

Kent.png
Message 2 of 16 (3,053 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi there I’m having the exact same problem with my Nintendo switch, won’t let me connect my ea account to Apex legends have tried new ea account and email and nothing works. i get the same message saying to try again. 

Message 3 of 16 (3,024 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Josiepearson

Were you able to try any of the troubleshooting from the links I sent in my post above? Are you still having trouble linking the accounts afterward? 

Kent.png
Message 4 of 16 (3,007 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Hey there, Yes I’ve tried multiple time with the troubleshooting. I’ve got my Timezone, email and accounts all correct but still get the occurring problem. 

Message 5 of 16 (2,982 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have tried it all as well, and still no luck..

Message 6 of 16 (2,942 Views)

Community Manager

Thank you for giving it a try!

I think it would be best to reach out to the EA Help team so they can take a look at your account and see what might be preventing you from logging in. For more info on how to set up a case with them check out the EA Help website. You can also speak with the team over Twitter or Facebook instead, if you prefer. 

Kent.png
Message 7 of 16 (2,909 Views)

★★ Novice

I have had the same issue and no one has been able to help me. I have tried to contact EA Help and haven't received a response for weeks. I have reached out to EA on social media and haven't had any response either. I can't connect to both my kid's EA accounts from their switches. We enjoy playing apex together but cant because we can't cross-platform play because they cant get into their EA accounts.

Message 8 of 16 (2,808 Views)

★★ Novice

I have had the same issue and no one has been able to help me. I have tried to contact EA Help and haven't received a response for weeks. I have reached out to EA on social media and haven't had any response either. I can't connect to both my kid's EA accounts from their switches. We enjoy playing apex together but cant because we can't cross-platform play because they cant get into their EA accounts.

Message 9 of 16 (2,764 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I HAVE A FIX!! I had this same exact issue and after an hour of trying every troubleshooting option with a patient person at EA help I FINALLY fixed it. The problem for me was that my Switch username had special characters in it - just a :-) at the end, but I think any punctuation could cause this issue. I removed the :-) from my switch account name and it literally logged me in and connected the accounts with no problem. I also was advised to type everything in using buttons only when logging into my EA account - not the touch screen - so that might've helped too. I really hope this can help others because it's such an easy fix for a problem that was driving me mad, lol.

Message 10 of 16 (2,382 Views)