Can use of graphics injectors like Reshade, SweetFX, ENB be considered cheating?

by birmaniancat

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can use of graphics injectors like Reshade, SweetFX, ENB be considered cheating?

★★ Novice

I play in 720p on PC with TXAA and the image is quite blurry, makes spotting people at great distances very hard. I thought if I use something like Reshade with sharpen filter it could help me see. But I think the anti-cheat system Apex uses might not like it. I would like to know a definite answer to this. I love the game and don't want to get banned for nothing.  

Message 1 of 8 (5,259 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can use of graphics injectors like Reshade, SweetFX, ENB be considered cheat

Community Manager

@birmaniancat 

Apex is particularly sensitive to graphical overlays so ReShade etc. may cause a technical issue.

Thanks.

barry.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (5,238 Views)

All Replies

Re: Can use of graphics injectors like Reshade, SweetFX, ENB be considered cheat

Community Manager

@birmaniancat 

Apex is particularly sensitive to graphical overlays so ReShade etc. may cause a technical issue.

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 2 of 8 (5,239 Views)

★★ Novice

And by "may cause a technical issue." you mean it can detect a reshade overlay as a malicious hack?

Message 3 of 8 (5,225 Views)

★ Apprentice
Hey, if you're having trouble seeing faraway enemies try disabling volumetric lighting it helps sometimes.
Message 4 of 8 (5,211 Views)

★★★ Novice

Use the 3.0.6 version of ReShade, this is whitelisted by EasyAntiCheat.

Message 5 of 8 (5,049 Views)

★★ Novice

@EA_Barry 

only technical issues? can you confirm that theres no legality issues using it?

Message 6 of 8 (4,355 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Bump on the legal issue, please!

Message 7 of 8 (3,766 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@Shashankvk Bump. I need this too. Because TAA make game blurry. Without TAA game is look bad. So i make better visual and minimal lost fps with ReShade.

Message 8 of 8 (1,322 Views)