Can’t unlink my old EA account

by LosDanger

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can’t unlink my old EA account

★★★★★ Newbie

I had a problem that has been bothering me for months. I’ve been playing Apex legends for years and everything has been going great until they’ve asked to reset the password on my EA account. The email on the account it’s an old email that I don’t have access to because of inactivity and it cannot be reopened in AOL. I have contacted EA to try to recover the account but the info I have available doesn’t match with what’s in the account.  I can’t even reset the game and create a new account since it doesn’t let me unlink the old account. At this point I don’t care for the old account I just want to create a new account be able to play on my console. Even after getting the PS5 I downloaded the Apex version for ps5 it keeps asking to reset the password for that email that I don’t have anymore. It’s all very frustrating. Is there anything that can be done about this ? 

Message 1 of 26 (10,481 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can’t unlink my old EA account

EA app Team

Hello @LosDanger 

Unfortunately, we're not able to help with this issue here on the forums, so I'm afraid in this situation, you will have to reach back out to customer support. 

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/contact-ea-help/

View in thread

Message 2 of 26 (10,446 Views)

All Replies

EA app Team

Hello @LosDanger 

Unfortunately, we're not able to help with this issue here on the forums, so I'm afraid in this situation, you will have to reach back out to customer support. 

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/contact-ea-help/

Message 2 of 26 (10,447 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

The same thing has happened to me!!! I just want to play apex with my friends but I can’t because of this dumb pop up. I linked an old ea account to my Xbox account a few years ago and now that email doesn’t exist, meaning I can’t access it, so how am I ever supposed to play an ea game if I don’t have access to that account? Who can I talk to about this? I need answers!!! Also fyi this account I’m on now is the new account I’ve created to link to my Xbox account but I can’t link it to my Xbox account until the other one is unlinked, but how can I unlink an account that I don’t have access to anymore???

Message 3 of 26 (10,112 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

The things is I already called customer service many times and they are unable to help. I don’t see how they can’t disconnect an account that I have in my possession even though I don’t have the info at hand. This situation should reach someone higher up in EA because I can’t play on my account which I bought all my games in. 

Message 4 of 26 (10,025 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same here. After playing since launch and countless hours and money on this game Noone will help.. I don't know the answers to my old email which I can't even get into. I tried 100 times 

Message 5 of 26 (9,828 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same problem except with Need For Speed. Why can't they just have an option to change our email? or something! Come on EA change this! it should not be this difficult to change our email information.

Message 6 of 26 (9,307 Views)

★★ Novice

Yup. I went down this rabbit hole last month.

I created an EA account 10 years ago. I can log into that email account and see I ordered Titanfall when it was released on 3/11/2014 as well as several other games. At some point I created a NEW EA account using a different email address. This is the account I've been using for the last 9 years. Last month I purchased an XBOX series X. When attempting to play any EA game I receive a sign in error that asks me to reset my password. I reset and it still wont let me log in. It provides this link. https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/im-locked-out-of-my-ea-account/

I created a case and spoke with EA customer service on the phone. They confirmed that I will never be able to play any EA game online because my old/deleted EA account is not recoverable...and there is nothing they can do about it. I couldn't believe it so I asked him to repeat it. The customer service rep was so at ease telling me this. Like he has to tell this to people all day. Super frustrating experience. Nothing new for EA but this is why I won't be purchasing any of their products anymore.

Message 7 of 26 (9,164 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same problems and same answer from customer support. I won’t be able to play es games online anymore. That’s really trash

Message 8 of 26 (8,796 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yep, same. So I won't be able to play an EA-game for the rest of my life. Absolute madness. 

Message 9 of 26 (8,285 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@EA_Montimer Can you (or anyone) chime in here and confirm this is a known issue and we cannot play EA games online forever?

Message 10 of 26 (7,748 Views)