Blue Screen on Launch

by MickVolume

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Blue Screen on Launch

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hello

After the recent patch, every time I attempt to launch apex from Steam, my PC crashes almost immediately with a blue screen once the anti-cheat loads.

I've received the following errors with the blue screen so far.

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

KERNEL_MODE_HEAP_CORRUPTION

KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

All of these errors suggest some kind of driver problem or an issue with a Kernel Mode Program (the anti cheat)

Things I have already tried:

Updating all drivers

Updating windows 10

verifying integrity of the game files

running the easy-anti cheat repair in the Apex folder

I don't really want to have to roll back my drivers or PC to a few days ago, since it was all fine until I updated Apex.

Has anyone else had this issue? Can you help?

Thanks

EDIT: I have been able to fix this by: 

going into game properties, deleting the launch options, then launching the game. after closing, I re-added my launch options (fps cap) and somehow that fixed it. The game now launches.

Message 1 of 14 (23,942 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Blue Screen on Launch

Community Manager

@MickVolume 

Reposting so a solution can be marked: 

"EDIT: I have been able to fix this by: 

going into game properties, deleting the launch options, then launching the game. after closing, I re-added my launch options (fps cap) and somehow that fixed it. The game now launches."

barry.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 14 (23,933 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@MickVolume 

Reposting so a solution can be marked: 

"EDIT: I have been able to fix this by: 

going into game properties, deleting the launch options, then launching the game. after closing, I re-added my launch options (fps cap) and somehow that fixed it. The game now launches."

barry.png
Message 2 of 14 (23,934 Views)

★ Novice

Hi!

I have the exact same issue, but I don't have any launch options to delete.

Can you please support ?

Thank you!

Message 3 of 14 (23,797 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Got the same errors yesterday, all those 3 errors in a row actually plus 2 new ones.

Deleting Launch Options + all standard troubleshooting didn't work for me though, but came over a post where a guy had installed Autodesk Maya, which I also had earlier that day.

After uninstalling all the Autodesk stuff and restarting, Apex launched 🙄
I can only guess but Autodesk include some software to prevent pirate licenses and whatnot, maybe that crashes with EasyAntiCheat, since I saw EAC mentioned in some of the BSoD more than once.

Message 4 of 14 (23,082 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Any chance you’ve found a solution? I am experiencing the same exact thing. Had to install Maya and now my computer crashes after the easy-anti cheat loads. Got it to load once today after immediately opening Apex after it restarted. After it opened I had no issue with it crashing until I closed and reopened the game long after startup. 

Message 5 of 14 (22,812 Views)

★ Novice
@bramMuffin Not really, a dude in my class installed a cracked pirated version of Maya since it doesn't include all the other Autodesk mumbojumbo so he could play Apex on the same build.

I ended up installing Maya on a separate Windows partition and just do school work from there, though what may work is find a way to block Autodesk Genuine Service from launching, if that's even the process responsible for the crashes but that's the one I would put money on.
Message 6 of 14 (22,173 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@banandjuret I actually think I found a fix and it was along the lines of stopping the service. I was messing around in task manager and came across the genuine service (pretty sure that’s what is interfering). It has a drop down menu that shows you a service that’s running for the Autodesk genuine service. I right clicked and went into its properties and noticed that it was set to automatically run on my machine. You can turn the service to manual by right clicking on the actual service itself in the services lost and turn it to manual (and if I remember correctly there’s actually two services that run the genuine service in that list). After I turned both to manual and stopped the service from the services list it did not automatically reopen itself like it usually did. So far Apex has been able to load anti cheat and boot up just fine. The only problem with this method that I have found so far is that every time you restart your machine it will open the genuine service and you have to open the task manager and end all Autodesk tasks and services but after turning them manual they have not reopened themselves and caused the BSoD that I was experiencing before. If this works for anyone else please lmk. I am going to keep an eye on it and try some more things before I call this a solid solution but this has worked for me so far. 

Message 7 of 14 (22,150 Views)

★ Novice

I have been having this issue for about a week now. I have formatted my computer 3 times to fix it. It works fine at first then eventually starts BSOD again....HELP

Message 8 of 14 (15,721 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My launch options have nothing in them tho???

Message 9 of 14 (13,035 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i am having the same issue @MemeDogeWithWow . nothing in my launch menu to delete and i have restarted and uninstalled and reinstalled everything. 5/17/2022

Message 10 of 14 (11,673 Views)