Apex Legends cant connect to the EA Servers since today.

by Z3spire

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Apex Legends cant connect to the EA Servers since today.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Greetings since today Apex cant connect to the EA-Servers i am on Windows 11 playing the Steam version of the Game.

I already made firewall rules for Apex and easy anticheat outbound open all and inbound open all.

Windows network monitor is showing activity so i am bit confused any advice?

APEX.jpg

Message 1 of 17 (4,667 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Apex Legends cant connect to the EA Servers since today.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I dont know what exactly caused the issue but it was some how related to the xbox app or the windows gaming services!?

So i have first to allow ALL outbound connections to let Microsoft do its stuff and once Apex got the login done i can switch back to disallow outbound connections that do not match the rules.

Also restarting the game once the first connection is established works without issues.

EDIT:

Ok so today after starting the PC i went straight in to APEX and had no connection problems.

Resolution if you have following issues "Data Center: Downloading... 0" and "Retrieving Matchmaking List ..." infinit loading while Apex still produces network traffic check your Windows Gaming and Account services.

View in thread

Message 4 of 17 (4,562 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

Just a quick note when i start the game on the bottom it shows "Data Center: Downloading... 0"

And after "Retrieving Matchmaking List ..." it shows "Unable to connect to EA Servers. Please check your Internet connection and try again. See ea.com/unable-to-connect for more information."

Message 2 of 17 (4,610 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Z3spire,

Aside from the steps you've already mentioned, I would highly suggest going through these additional troubleshooting steps to see if there's any change. 

In particular it may help to check the steps regarding flushing and changing your DNS.

Beyond that, as you've already checked your ports and firewall settings, a clean boot of your system may help make sure no other programs or processes are interfering here.

Mako.png
Message 3 of 17 (4,601 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I dont know what exactly caused the issue but it was some how related to the xbox app or the windows gaming services!?

So i have first to allow ALL outbound connections to let Microsoft do its stuff and once Apex got the login done i can switch back to disallow outbound connections that do not match the rules.

Also restarting the game once the first connection is established works without issues.

EDIT:

Ok so today after starting the PC i went straight in to APEX and had no connection problems.

Resolution if you have following issues "Data Center: Downloading... 0" and "Retrieving Matchmaking List ..." infinit loading while Apex still produces network traffic check your Windows Gaming and Account services.

Message 4 of 17 (4,563 Views)

Community Manager
@Z3spire
Thanks for the update to let us know what fixed it for you!
Mako.png
Message 5 of 17 (4,502 Views)

★★★ Newbie

same but on PS4

Message 6 of 17 (4,083 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same problem as well on ps4 anyone know how to fix thus?

Message 7 of 17 (4,063 Views)

Champion

Hey @0djeyf3ripgc and @Xxkingcardo1xX,

I've been following this issue for a bit and I think I know why some console platforms aren't able to connect.

As some might've known, Xbox and maybe some other console platforms have been suffering from in-put lag.

Respawn has already said that they will be addressing this issue, though it has been taking quite a while.

Though today they've retweeted it, maybe indicating that they're going to do something to fix it today, or at least attempt to fix it.

I've noticed that some users were also unable to connect to the servers, so whilst it seems hopeful, it could be a coincidence.

Though if they're addressing input-lag it might indeed be related to them taking some servers offline.

Message 8 of 17 (4,048 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue ever since sometime during Defiance (Season 12) on Xbox Series S

Message 9 of 17 (3,483 Views)

★★★ Newbie

JUST DOWNLOADED SEASON 14, NEVER HAD AN ISSUE BEFORE AND NOW IM HAVING THE EXACT ISSUE. TRIED EVERYTHING INCLUDING REINSTALLING THE GAME AND UNPLUGGING WIFI. THE ONLY THING GIVING ME HOPE IS THE DNS CHANGING IT TO 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 or something like that. I will keep you updated if it works! LOOKS LIKE EA IS JUST GOING TO LOOSE SOME FANS AT THIS POINT. Spent money on the game for them to just kick us out, really annoyed at this point. 

Message 10 of 17 (2,898 Views)