Account Was Falsely Banned for Cheating

by avrona100

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Account Was Falsely Banned for Cheating

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

So after not playing the game for a few weeks I wanted to play a bit, until to discover whenever I tried going into a game, that apparently my account was banned. I looked on my EA ban history page, and it's completely empty, and I didn't even get any email about it, like it said I should. So I contacted support to try and get some help and get my account unbanned, as I didn't do anything against the rules. I messaged support, and all I got a a few days later is an automated email that apparently my account was banned for cheating, even though that is simply not true, as I never cheated in the game whatsoever, nor did anything else against the rules. So I emailed support again, saying it's a completely false ban, and asking about getting my account unbanned. Instead I wake up today to get another automated email from EA, this one saying that they reset my password for security reasons, and that I had to make a new one. So what is happening and how can I get my account unbanned, as it didn't break any of the rules?

Message 1 of 8 (464 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Account Was Falsely Banned for Cheating

Community Manager

You will need to speak to our Terms of Service team @avrona100.

The process to contact our ToS team can be found here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

1. Click Contact us at the top of any page on EA Help.
  2. Select the game that your account was banned or suspended from. If it’s on your whole EA Account, choose Origin.
  3. Choose your platform.
  4. Select Manage my account, then Banned or suspended account.
  5. Fill out any other details below.
    • For example, if you picked Origin, it might ask you if you are accessing the game through an Origin Access membership.
  6. Click Select contact option.
  7. Sign in to your account that has the ban or suspension, if you aren’t already.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (445 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

You will need to speak to our Terms of Service team @avrona100.

The process to contact our ToS team can be found here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

1. Click Contact us at the top of any page on EA Help.
  2. Select the game that your account was banned or suspended from. If it’s on your whole EA Account, choose Origin.
  3. Choose your platform.
  4. Select Manage my account, then Banned or suspended account.
  5. Fill out any other details below.
    • For example, if you picked Origin, it might ask you if you are accessing the game through an Origin Access membership.
  6. Click Select contact option.
  7. Sign in to your account that has the ban or suspension, if you aren’t already.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 8 (446 Views)

★★ Novice

That's what I used to contact support already.

Message 3 of 8 (440 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @avrona100 you will need to wait for our TOS team to respond to your appeal.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 4 of 8 (420 Views)

★★ Novice

@EA_Darko Was the initial automated email I got about the account being banned supposed be the "repsonse"? Because that's what I got soon after I was emailed to confirm my account's username and email. I checked my cases page, and the original case is marked as "fixed", while the second one as "duplicate". So what do I do now?

Message 5 of 8 (408 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @avrona100 if our TOS team has declined your appeal then there is nothing that we can do on AHQ to change this.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 6 of 8 (403 Views)

★★ Novice

@EA_Darko Well then what am I supposed to do now or elevate the situation. Again this a completely false ban and I wasn't even presented any full reason for it, apart from an automated email.

Message 7 of 8 (393 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @avrona100 you can use the steps I shared above to raise a second appeal.

I am going to lock this thread as there is nothing more that we can do to assist with TOS-related issues on AHQ.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 8 of 8 (390 Views)