Account Progress Reset to Level 1

by mrghost559

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Account Progress Reset to Level 1

★★ Novice

Hi everyone,

I'm making this post today because a couple of nights ago I loaded up Apex to find that my entire account was reset to level 1. All my Skins, Badges, Legends, Stats, etc were completely gone. It's making me complete training again before allowing me to load into any game. I'm looking for some help with the matter. I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience or issue.

The rest occurred when I loaded back into the game after having to force quit using the task manager after the game froze on the champions squad screen. After that, I loaded back into the game and was forced to reenter my EA account info. I did that. And the next thing I'm greeted with is the loss of all my progress.

If anyone has had similar problems and could share some any help on getting the matter resolved it would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Message 1 of 7 (5,493 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Account Progress Reset to Level 1

Community Manager

Hi @mrghost559 

In reference to asking if having all your account data wiped as part of a Sanction or Ban for breaking our rules, I am not aware of this happening but to set the correct expectation I am not a part of our TOS team and do not have insight into what may happen to an account-based of what inappropriate actions may have been taken on it. 

If you believe someone may have accessed your account, you will need to speak with an advisor (you may want to select chat or phone call to speak with someone in a live setting) as we are unable to assist with account issues on the forums. I would recommend finding any information you may have such as: Emails, Personas, Purchase information, and sharing this with an advisor for them to further look into this.   

We also have a help article that provides further information for helping to secure your account.  

Once they are able to look into this and get your account sorted, If you still run into freezing issues, One workaround I have seen is updating your pose to a common or rare one has helped some players. 

Thanks!

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

View in thread

Message 6 of 7 (5,370 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @mrghost559 

To confirm after having to force close, did you sign back into Origin? If so can you verify you signed in using the same account details?

If this continues, you could try Clearing Origins Cache and Repairing the game then launching back in to see if you see your progress. If you are still having issues finding your progress I would recommend reaching out to an advisor for them to look into this further. 

Thanks!

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 7 (5,440 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi @EA_Illium 

I use Steam as my game launcher, which I didn't have to log back into. When I launched the game I made it to the main menu where it promoted me to log in again and yes, I have confirmed that is was the same account. I've contacted support and they have been unhelpful. I'm not sure if you can answer this, but, is resetting progress to level 1 and essentially clearing out all purchases and progress a typical punishment for accounts that have been found to break rules? I ask because I have been researching to see why I had this happen to me, and as far as I can tell right now, I can find two potential reasons that my account might have been punished. 

First, the game has been freezing upon the champions squad screen quite a bit. The only way that I have been able to get back into the game when that happens is using the task manager. I saw that there was a wave of bans early in the year for people doing this to avoid RP losses. I'm wondering if that caused it. Second, I've downloaded my account data and seen that there has been numerous attempts, some successful, to login into my EA Account from locations across the world. Mainly locations in China and Japan. Putting aside the fact I'm a broke post university student and that we are very much still in the middle of a global pandemic, I haven't left my country in the last 3 years. Making it physically impossible to login into my account in another country half way around the world. Meaning that someone else has had access to it. Perhaps, the individual who had unauthorized access to my account did something to cause issues. I'm currently in talks with my countries board service agency to request a government transcript of my passports travel history to prove that I haven't left the country. (Not to mention that it is physically impossible for me to access my account in one country and then travel half away around the world to a different continent in only a couple of hours)

At this point, I'm willing to accept that my account may have broken rules, but whether it's that I unintentionally did something that was against the rules to fix a bug in the game, or someone else used my account to cheat, I do not believe that I should lose out on my hundreds of dollars of purchases. I can understand flat out ban on the account. Yet wiping the account clean and forcing me to start from level 1 again seems odd. So I'm looking at all the possible angles of this.

On a personally note however, this year for me, as with many others, has been extremely difficult. I've been experiencing a major depressive episode for the past couple of months and unfortunately, until certain things in my life change in the coming months, there is not much I can do to come out of it, trying as I might. Apex has been one of the few good and light moments I've had over a 6 month period of darkness. Losing everything that I've worked so hard for and my escape from my depression has been, crushing, to say the least. So please forgive the long response and personal stories. But I can't stress to everyone just how important this account is to me. Which is why I can't just let it go and start again. I have to get this account and progress back, if I did something deserving of losing it, I can understand that. But All I've been doing is passing time, playing a game I love, a game that has helped me in the worst moments.

Thanks for the help so far, and for any other help that you can provide.

Message 3 of 7 (5,420 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Mrghost559 I had the same thing happen to me, but for me, I was lvl.4, all stats, cosmetics, legends, and etc was all gone. It happened right after the split, unfortunately I don't know if there's a fix for this, but I hope they find a solution for this quick
Message 4 of 7 (5,398 Views)

★★ Novice

Hey @yamatoochann 

See that’s the thing I worried about too but after thinking about it. Given that this happened before, and the Apex team was able to fix it, it means that they must have a back up somewhere of player data, maybe it’s saved each Sunday for instance, so perhaps we’d lose some stats for the most recent games and days, but we should still be able to get the majority of our info and stats back. 

Now it’s let’s say that they have had a issue with the back up and all that players data is corrupted, that means we’d most likely lose out in all our stats and apex pack purchases. However, if the issue is truly on their end, and we can provide proof of level stats etc, then we should be able to have our account reinstated to our previous levels. If not, At the very least, any purchases we’ve made should be returned to us. For instance, I have bank statements showing my purchases on steam that correspond to the amounts that certain amounts of Apex coins cost. So let’s say that my bank shows that I’ve bought 500 dollars worth of apex coins. That should be added back to our accounts. Additionally, Apex should have receipts of purchases we’ve made, meaning that certain purchases in game like bundles or pack, that means we can get back limited time event purchases or exclusives like the voidwalker skin. 

Either way, I’m not losing hope in my chances of getting my progress back. Not when there is so many different ways that our accounts progress can be verified and restored. 

Message 5 of 7 (5,387 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @mrghost559 

In reference to asking if having all your account data wiped as part of a Sanction or Ban for breaking our rules, I am not aware of this happening but to set the correct expectation I am not a part of our TOS team and do not have insight into what may happen to an account-based of what inappropriate actions may have been taken on it. 

If you believe someone may have accessed your account, you will need to speak with an advisor (you may want to select chat or phone call to speak with someone in a live setting) as we are unable to assist with account issues on the forums. I would recommend finding any information you may have such as: Emails, Personas, Purchase information, and sharing this with an advisor for them to further look into this.   

We also have a help article that provides further information for helping to secure your account.  

Once they are able to look into this and get your account sorted, If you still run into freezing issues, One workaround I have seen is updating your pose to a common or rare one has helped some players. 

Thanks!

Illium.png

Message 6 of 7 (5,371 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same for me.

I wanted to play Apex again. But apparently my whole account got reset

Haven't played for atleast 6 Month i would say.

I am playing on PC, Origin/Steam my ingame name is Normzy030

Message 7 of 7 (5,235 Views)