Abandoning game penalty

by EvilgangP

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Abandoning game penalty

★★★ Newbie

The game freezes, then throws me out of the game saying server out of sync or something else during a ranked match and I get stuck with the abandoning a game penalty when it’s clearly not my fault. Can we please do something about this because it is frustrating.

Message 1 of 16 (2,247 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Abandoning game penalty

Community Manager

Hey @EvilgangP

I'm afraid we can't do anything about the abandon penalty, but I would like to try out some troubleshooting to see if we can help stop the errors you've been getting. 

First, I'd recommend trying the basic and advanced connection troubleshooting from the EA Help website. If you're still getting kicked after that please let me know. Thanks! 

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 16 (2,200 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @EvilgangP

I'm afraid we can't do anything about the abandon penalty, but I would like to try out some troubleshooting to see if we can help stop the errors you've been getting. 

First, I'd recommend trying the basic and advanced connection troubleshooting from the EA Help website. If you're still getting kicked after that please let me know. Thanks! 

Kent.png
Message 2 of 16 (2,201 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Kent i crach and got penlety
Message 3 of 16 (2,161 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @kjrawks

Which platform do you play on? Are you getting any error messages when the game crashes? If so, what is the full error you've been seeing? 

Kent.png
Message 4 of 16 (2,036 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@EvilgangP wrote:

The game freezes, then throws me out of the game saying server out of sync or something else during a ranked match and I get stuck with the abandoning a game penalty when it’s clearly not my fault. Can we please do something about this because it is frustrating.

@EvilgangP wrote:

I also have been receiving this issue as well, I have pictures of the penalty being applied but I also have proof that I have been kicked and I have poor wifi because of the winter but I don't think I should be penalized and lose ranked points because of this! I am outraged it's cost me about 325 or so RP hopefully they can atleast gift us something for our trouble until they figure it out. 

Message 5 of 16 (1,991 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@EvilgangP Like wise, happens often, EA says there is nothing they can do, but I find it hard to believe the system can’t tell the differance between quitting and your server crashing, or why it doesn’t it place you back in the game once it reloads is beyond me. But then again I’m not a game developer, so what do I know
Message 6 of 16 (1,835 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

once I’m done being punished for your faulty servers (5 more minutes) I’ll see if I can get the exact error message. I am playing on series s Xbox 

Message 7 of 16 (1,834 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Same issue has been happening several times today, I am playing on Xbox series S. 3 different codes though before it let me back in, codes were “net” “leaf” and “cloud, pictures attached, I’ve spent about 30 minutes in penalty from this today

Message 8 of 16 (1,827 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EvilgangP Same here...13 squads out of 20 at 3:07 minutes in match right after picking up gold painted weapon....😒
Message 9 of 16 (1,757 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This exact thing happened to my teammate today. We just wiped a squad in rank and were about to loot and my teammate got this error and was booted straight out. Me and the other teammate were fine and continued the game til we got wiped. The thing is, after the game, we ALL got the same penalty (3 mins since it's a first offense? idk)  saying that we left the game even though we didn't leave the lobby and kept playing til the end without the booted teammate. Please get this fixed.

Message 10 of 16 (1,619 Views)