Why did I find two versions of bf2042 in the extra content

by DecreeNo9

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Why did I find two versions of bf2042 in the extra content

★★ Guide

I found two versions in the additional content of bf2042, one is the gold edition and the other is the ultimate edition. I clicked to upgrade the game before. The version I purchased in advance is the ultimate edition, but I found the gold edition in the additional content. Is it because I clicked to upgrade the game? Will there be conflict if my play Pro stops renewing the game?

Message 1 of 50 (1,700 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Why did I find two versions of bf2042 in the extra content

[ Edited ]

@DecreeNo9 I have the same thing showing since I have EA Play Pro at the moment. You stated earlier that you have EA Play Pro, so all it is showing is all the content that is included.  You get the Ultimate Edition via EA Play Pro which includes all the content in the Gold Edition.  

View in thread

Message 16 of 50 (1,846 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager
Hey @DecreeNo9,

Thanks for your visit to the forums!

I am not exactly sure what you mean regarding that you found two versions of additional content for Battlefield 2042? Are you playing on PC?
(I assume this because you mention Pro, as in EA Play Pro?)

There are three editions of Battlefield 2042: the Standard, Gold and Ultimate Edition.
EA Play Pro gives you the biggest and best edition there is, including all perks. So in this case; EA Play Pro gives you the Ultimate Edition of the game the same way as if you had purchased the game Ultimate Edition standalone, and you can make use of the perks of the Ultimate Edition as long as you have a valid EA Play Pro membership. Standard smile
EA_LeeuwAHQ
Message 2 of 50 (1,647 Views)

★★ Guide

The bf2042 I played on my PC was purchased in origin. The versions I saw were gold and ultimate edition. I pre ordered Ultimate Edition. After I clicked to upgrade the game, I found gold in the additional content instead of in the game library

Message 3 of 50 (1,643 Views)

Community Manager
@DecreeNo9, I am sorry, but do you mean that you have played the Beta of Battlefield 2042? Because the game has not launched yet.

But yeah, sometimes it can happen that even if you have purchased a Standalone version of the game, when you have EA Play Pro you still get the option to "Upgrade" the version, because it comes with some extra sometimes. Therefore it is possible that you indeed see other items in your Origin Library. But as long as you actually own the Ultimate Edition and/or have the EA Play Pro membership, you should be good to go.

If you would like to be sure that everything went alright when you made the standalone purchase of the Ultimate Edition, and that everything is working as intended and not stuck or something (for example), I would recommend to reach out to our Live Support team to perform a quick check if your account and potentially billing/purchase history. You can reach them via https://help.ea.com/contact-us.

Good luck!
EA_LeeuwAHQ
Message 4 of 50 (1,636 Views)

★★ Guide

Yes, I played the 2042 beta test. At present, I have found two 2042 in the game library, one is the 2042 of the beta test, the other is the 2042 I ordered in advance. I didn't find the third one, but found gold in the additional content.
I did hear that EA play Pro has some exclusive benefits, but these do not seem to have any connection with gold.

Message 5 of 50 (1,614 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey @DecreeNo9,

That is correct. EA Play Pro allows you to have access to the best edition there is. Standard smile So that would be the Ultimate Edition in this case.

EA_LeeuwAHQ
Message 6 of 50 (1,602 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I pre ordered ultimate edition before, and later I got Ultimate Edition through EA play pro. If so, there should be no gold in the additional content. I don't know what to do

Message 7 of 50 (1,584 Views)

Community Manager
@DecreeNo9, I am sorry, I am unable to see your attached picture.
When you own/have access to the Ultimate Edition of the game, Origin indeed also shows a checkmark next to the Gold Edition of the game on the Extra Content page. There should be a Gold Edition checkmark, as well as for what the Ultimate Edition content gives you.
EA_LeeuwAHQ
Message 8 of 50 (1,575 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@DecreeNo9 

I think you don't need to worry about that as you've bought Ultimate Edition this edition is a higher and you will get all content anyway.

Message 9 of 50 (1,561 Views)

★★ Guide

Well, I'll go to the EA customer service for help later. I didn't find the mark

thank you Standard smile

Message 10 of 50 (1,553 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help