Upgrade battlefield 2042

by doregoranx96

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Upgrade battlefield 2042

★★★ Newbie

Hi i cant fond a clear answer on this subject i was wondering if i could upgrade my digital xbox one copie of battlefield 2042 to the series x for free or like pay 10 bucks i dont mind paying that.

Message 1 of 8 (2,132 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Upgrade battlefield 2042

Community Manager

Hey @Fermaldo Depending on the version of the game you purchased you will have a duel entitlement for the next-gen version as well. If purchased the Standard edition, there is one only for Gen 4 and one with the Duel Entitlement. 

Thanks!

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

View in thread

Message 4 of 8 (2,023 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager
@doregoranx96 Depending on the edition you purchase of 2042, you will have a cross entitlement to play on Gen 4 or Gen 5, can you confirm which edition you purchased?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 8 (2,088 Views)

★ Novice

Hi, I preordered the standard edition of the game on the xbox one, recently my partner upgraded us to an xbox s, I've seen that online from a few sources it states that ea will upgrade standard editions from old gen to new gen for free, but I can't find any way of currently doing that, is there a way to do it? I really want to get the best out of this game I spent £62 on

Message 3 of 8 (2,056 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Fermaldo Depending on the version of the game you purchased you will have a duel entitlement for the next-gen version as well. If purchased the Standard edition, there is one only for Gen 4 and one with the Duel Entitlement. 

Thanks!

Illium.png

Message 4 of 8 (2,024 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm not sure if this answered the question properly. I too am looking to upgrade but the duel version is full price at $70. We've already paid the $60. I'm currently on the Xbox platform. Sources were stating that the upgrade would be free. Nothing in the store for the game or on the Microsoft store state anything other than the full priced version. Can you elaborate on this?

Message 5 of 8 (1,942 Views)

★★ Apprentice

As far as I know: When you purchased last-gen version only, you will have to buy the next-gen version separately. Only if you buyed the cross-gen bundle, you get both versions.

Message 6 of 8 (1,924 Views)

★★★ Newbie

That is one reason why this game is garbage. 

@EA_Illium wrote:

Thanks!

Message 7 of 8 (1,535 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@SizzlinWizzlin 👏🏻👏🏻
Not even bothered updating mine. Exactly that situation with me.
Would give the game another shot if I could upgrade even for £10 or so. Not paying full price for a game that has been broken from day one.
Message 8 of 8 (711 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help