Reporting AFK XP farmers???

by Chillguin

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Reporting AFK XP farmers???

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Edited by CM

Hello, Where can we report AFK XP farmers. Had a lifeline who ran all the way to the last ring in my previous game. She was even with us during the last fight. Crouched behind a rock not giving a flip. I would rather they leave the game than get undeserved XP/WINS

If he/she shot once at the enemies we propably would have won that engagement and the game.

The name was: REMOVED

Match ended around 16:59.

I hope you get around to banning these people because this kinda ruined PUBG for nearly a month. AFK bots etc.

Message 1 of 14 (5,060 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Reporting AFK XP farmers???

Community Manager

Hey @Chillguin, I've had to remove the name from the thread as it's against AHQ's forum rules to name and shame.

i
f you are in game and suspect a user of cheating in Apex, this link can be used to flag cheaters: https://www.easy.ac/en-us/support/apexlegends/contact/report/ https://www.easy.ac/en-us/support/apexlegends/contact/report/

Thanks, 

Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

View in thread

Message 3 of 14 (5,010 Views)

All Replies

★★ Guide
There really should be a sticky that outlines some rules - specifically name and shame.
Message 2 of 14 (5,031 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Chillguin, I've had to remove the name from the thread as it's against AHQ's forum rules to name and shame.

i
f you are in game and suspect a user of cheating in Apex, this link can be used to flag cheaters: https://www.easy.ac/en-us/support/apexlegends/contact/report/ https://www.easy.ac/en-us/support/apexlegends/contact/report/

Thanks, 

Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 3 of 14 (5,011 Views)

★ Guide

Maybe they want it this way? It sure seems that way.

Reporting has nothing similar to it and there is no penalty for it, not even for leaving early.

Maybe we should all start doing this as well just to make the problem known...?

Message 4 of 14 (4,997 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I've been wondering about a solution since the battle pass came out. After only a few games of purchasing my battle pass I had the misfortune of witnessing this behaviour first hand. The in-game report feature doesn't have an option for AFKers. I wouldn't call it 'cheating' because patience is just one approach to achieving a high placement.

But to immediately hide away the whole match without your teams consent is a textbook case of griefing, one that is motivated by how Apex Legends distributes rewards. Time-based rewards have been around for a long time. They're often made that way so that low-skilled players can still progress at a decent rate. But you don't even need to play the game to realise how you can exploit the system. I understand that auto-kicking AFKers would do nothing for the remaining squadmates, but it's also painful to see a griefer get exactly what they want at your expense.

In addition to an option to report AFKers I would like to see the XP system revised. I thought assigning and rewarding a second squad rank based on kills would work but then I realised that it's going to inspire toxicity toward less aggressive players.

Maybe award points for the maximum distance reached from your initial landing/respawning spots, or for entering a certain number of map regions in the same game. With a sensible hard cap of course. Travelling from the edge of the map to the centre is a reasonable distance. You wouldn't want people spamming Octane's tactical just to see every part of the level in one game unless they had a better reason than XP.

I don't know. If anyone else could think of a better solution that would prevent AFKers from drawing value from their selfish decisions, please say so.

Message 5 of 14 (4,977 Views)

★★ Guide

Time spent in game = more exp

If you can't except they are trying to survive to get more EXP, then you are playing the wrong Battle Royal game. 

Message 6 of 14 (4,902 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

These AFK farmers is the result of the senseless/insane grind required to lvl up the BattlePass. As a casual player I hope they are reconsidering It.

Message 7 of 14 (4,895 Views)

★★ Guide

Hiding is a valid tactic in battle royale, it's the last person alive, not the person with the most kills.

Message 8 of 14 (4,890 Views)

★★ Guide

@prankstar2 wrote:

Hiding is a valid tactic in battle royale, it's the last person alive, not the person with the most kills.

The death match players dislike the survival players.  

Two different playing styles, except one grants you a ton more EXP.

Message 9 of 14 (4,888 Views)

★★ Guide

@Jungle-Beard wrote:

@prankstar2 wrote:

The death match players dislike the survival players.  

Two different playing styles, except one grants you a ton more EXP.

Hey I like killing as much as anybody, I just don't understand getting mad about hunting for it.

Message 10 of 14 (4,886 Views)