Problem with xbox series s friends joining etc

by bucke14

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Problem with xbox series s friends joining etc

★★★★ Novice

I have a new xbox series s and I discovered some issues with Apex.

Textchat in game doesnt work.

I cant join my friends games when they are online .I can only join their game if they send a invite. (Both me and my friends has party privacy open) 

Club timeline doesnt always update. 

Settingmenu when the game start doesnt exist(chat settings if i remember correct)

I have restarted xbox, reinstalled apex legends, quit quick resume etc but nothing works

Do anyone have any idea how to fix it. 

Message 1 of 15 (800 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Problem with xbox series s friends joining etc

★★★★ Novice

I have solved the problem!!!! I'm from sweden so all of my settings is in swedish. I changed the language to english (american) in my xbox settings and now everything works. I found the solution in a youtube video, where a guy had the same problem fixed on playstation. 

Thank you for all the help and suggestions!

View in thread

Message 15 of 15 (458 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @bucke14 Can you try going through the following steps and checking if any of these change?

• Close other running games or apps, (for Series X|S also close others running in quick resume) 
  • Remove any connected device, or additional USB's from the console then restart the Xbox and check
  • Check for updates 
  • Try the steps in our Connection and Advance Connection Guides 
  • Open you're Xbox NAT Type
  • Change DNS settings (You can use the public google DNS primary: 8.8.8.8, secondary: 8.8.4.4, unless there is a different DNS you would rather use)  

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 15 (783 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I tried all of them but none of them works sadly. 

Message 3 of 15 (749 Views)

Community Manager
@bucke14 Have you or you're friends changed any privacy settings for the EA or Xbox Accounts?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 4 of 15 (727 Views)

★★★★ Novice

No we haven't 

Message 5 of 15 (712 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @bucke14 Apologies for the delayed response, I wanted to check does this happen for friends as well where you have to send an invite to have them join on you? 

Illium.png

Message 6 of 15 (648 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I can send invites and i can accept friends invites. But these bars and button doesnt exists for me (screenshots from internet).

I have an xbox one to and there everything works fine.

Message 7 of 15 (636 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

This is what it looks like on my xbox series s 

Message 8 of 15 (592 Views)

Community Manager
@bucke14 Wanted to check in and see if this is working again for you and friends?

Illium.png

Message 9 of 15 (541 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Nice of you, but unfortunately not..

Message 10 of 15 (529 Views)