Linked accounts steam

by _Seven_Head_TT

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Linked accounts steam

★ Novice

I was stolen from my Steam account in December and can't get it back, I need to link a new Steam account, this is the right EA gave me, is it because someone else steals my Steam account, I don't have EA's right to link Steam? I immediately appealed to the live customer service of EA Help, and he said that there was no way to solve it, saying that I am not qualified? What the? I have the email address, account password, registration information, payment history of the EA account, he told me that I am not eligible to change the qualification to bind a new Steam account, I said can you help me feedback to the higher department, he said you come here answers.ea.com, the community manager may reply to you.:DisappointedDisappointedDisappointed

Message 1 of 9 (1,663 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Linked accounts steam

Community Manager

Hey @_Seven_Head_TT when it comes to an EA account you can unlink your platform accounts from your EA Account if you want to link them to a different EA Account, as long as that EA Account has never had the same account type linked to it before in its lifetime

That means if you unlink a Steam gamertag from your EA Account, you can’t link a different Steam gamertag to it in the future.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 9 (1,592 Views)

All Replies

★ Novice

The funniest thing is that I tried to rebind the new Steam account, he actually showed success, but the EA account did not show that it was linked, which is really not how to say, I can't put it into words.

Message 2 of 9 (1,650 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @_Seven_Head_TT when it comes to an EA account you can unlink your platform accounts from your EA Account if you want to link them to a different EA Account, as long as that EA Account has never had the same account type linked to it before in its lifetime

That means if you unlink a Steam gamertag from your EA Account, you can’t link a different Steam gamertag to it in the future.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 3 of 9 (1,593 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_Darko So please ask the community manager, what should I do if my Steam account is stolen, I can't get my Steam account back, which means that I can't play on Steam, because the current EA platform is really bad, this is not what we want to see, but he really happened, EA customer service will only shirk the responsibility, tell me that I don't have this qualification? Do I have access to EA? Excuse me? Does EA's entitlement not include that I can bind to a new platform? I think this kind of thinking is very narrow, you are ensuring the safety of players, but I have to say that EA also damages the rights of players!
Message 4 of 9 (1,565 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @_Seven_Head_TT it is not possible to change how this works.

I understand you are frustrated and it's an outlier situation due to your account being stolen but in this situation, if our live support has advised that there is nothing they can do then this would be the case. 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 5 of 9 (1,547 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Why can't my ea account unbind steam and can't bind the new steam?
Message 6 of 9 (1,196 Views)

★★★ Newbie
为什么我的ea账户取消绑定steam 无法绑定新的steam 在steam 上面绑定origin 上面显示origin已经和一个steam进行绑定了 但是我在origin上面看显示的是没有与任何的steam进行绑定
Message 7 of 9 (1,195 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@_Seven_Head_TT yes!!!!so do I!!!!
Message 8 of 9 (903 Views)

★★★ Newbie

how to solve this prblem?

Message 9 of 9 (437 Views)