Do i get banned for having a racist name?

by MAxTILSEN

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Do i get banned for having a racist name?

★★★ Newbie

Hi i know i will have some sort of ban because what really happend was that i had a racist name and a streamer saw it. He said he would report me, which he probably did. Lets just say that my name was very racist and if an EA dev or respawn dev saw it, i would probably be banned and honestly i should. But what i want to ask about if i'm getting banned permanently or just a suspension? I really hope it's a suspension because apex is legit my life, and i would never do something like that again now that i know the consequences. I'm sorry for my behavior and i hope it's just a suspension :/

Message 1 of 5 (446 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Do i get banned for having a racist name?

Community Manager
Going to go ahead and lock this thread as these kinds of discussions don't have a place on AHQ.

We would also suggest that you never create a username that may be offensive to any other user.

Darko
Darko.png

View in thread

Message 5 of 5 (286 Views)

All Replies

Champion
@MAxTILSEN No one here can help as they cannot see information about your ban. You should have gotten an email. If you are still unsure, you can reach out to EA support.
Message 2 of 5 (438 Views)

[ Edited ]

I just want to give you proper credit for owning your mistake and not complaining how unfair it all is, "I've seen other names that are worse", etc. as so many will do in this situation.  Good luck, I hope you are given a second chance with your account.

After seeing the recent settlement awarded against Epic Games, it is easy to see why EA and Apex have chosen to use a strict approach for players' online behavior.

Message 3 of 5 (426 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@MAxTILSENWas your account banned/suspended already? If not then change it now and don’t do it again. It’s not worth losing your progress because of an immature username.

Message 4 of 5 (378 Views)

Community Manager
Going to go ahead and lock this thread as these kinds of discussions don't have a place on AHQ.

We would also suggest that you never create a username that may be offensive to any other user.

Darko
Darko.png
Message 5 of 5 (287 Views)