Crossplatform

by iSnuzyWuzy

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Crossplatform

★★★ Newbie

I have tried to do some research before asking this question but I couldn't find anything so hopefully this will answer it for me. 

I plan to buy Battlefield 2042 to play mainly on my PC. I have an Xbox one X but I don't wanna buy the game only to have it downgraded to the last Gen settings when I could just play it on my PC. I plan on buying the new series X in the future. My question is, is there a way I could purchase the game through the Microsoft store and be able to play it on both platforms (Xbox and PC) by only purchasing the games once? 

I looked through the Microsoft store on my PC and couldn't figure this out. So I've turned here for help. I just don't want to have to re-purchase the game if I ever want to play it on Xbox. 

Message 1 of 3 (298 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Crossplatform

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey @iSnuzyWuzy,

Thanks for your visit to the forums.

No, the game requires to be purchased separately on the platforms you want to play it on and it is not available via the Microsoft store for the PC.

There are multiple different versions of Battlefield 2042 for Xbox.

- Battlefield™ 2042 Standard Edition Xbox One
- Battlefield™ 2042 Standard Edition Xbox One & Xbox Series X|S bundle
- Battlefield™ 2042 Gold Edition Xbox One & Xbox Series X|S
- Battlefield™ 2042 Ultimate Edition Xbox One & Xbox Series X|S

More information regarding the available Battlefield 2042 versions for Xbox can be found on the website of Xbox: https://www.xbox.com/games/battlefield-2042

Hope this answers your question. Standard smile

EA_LeeuwAHQ

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (291 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey @iSnuzyWuzy,

Thanks for your visit to the forums.

No, the game requires to be purchased separately on the platforms you want to play it on and it is not available via the Microsoft store for the PC.

There are multiple different versions of Battlefield 2042 for Xbox.

- Battlefield™ 2042 Standard Edition Xbox One
- Battlefield™ 2042 Standard Edition Xbox One & Xbox Series X|S bundle
- Battlefield™ 2042 Gold Edition Xbox One & Xbox Series X|S
- Battlefield™ 2042 Ultimate Edition Xbox One & Xbox Series X|S

More information regarding the available Battlefield 2042 versions for Xbox can be found on the website of Xbox: https://www.xbox.com/games/battlefield-2042

Hope this answers your question. Standard smile

EA_LeeuwAHQ
Message 2 of 3 (292 Views)

@iSnuzyWuzy

Unfortunately for different platforms like PC and Xbox are, you have to buy it seperate. 

Even tho, if you plan to play it just later at some point on Xbox, you might get a good special offer then to get it cheaper. Wink

The good thing tho that your stats and progress of playing will carry over to all connected accounts if you continue playing there, as BF2042 supports cross-progress.

Greets, 

Travis 

CCP Hero Banner 1 Grande.png

Message 3 of 3 (258 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help