Cross-progress question

by zSuperKingz

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Cross-progress question

★★★★ Novice

I bought the Digital Ultimate version for PS5, I have since bought a new gaming PC. Will I have to buy the Digital Ultimate version on PC as well for my all my stuff to transfer or can i just buy the base Digital Version on PC and all my extra stuff from Ulitmate on PS5 will move with it? 

Message 1 of 26 (1,586 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Cross-progress question

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey @zSuperKingz,

Thanks for your visit to the forums!

While there are a few limitations to cross-progression we want to make you aware of, such as Special Edition cosmetics (such as Ultimate Edition content), the Digital Artbook & Soundtrack, unspent Premium Currency and pre-order items not carrying over, we’re excited about giving you the freedom to play and progress wherever you choose to play. Please also see our official communication regarding this: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/battlefield/battlefield-2042/news/battlefield-briefing-progression-an...

Just an FYI @WindowsManTv_CZE Wink

EA_LeeuwAHQ

View in thread

Message 6 of 26 (1,485 Views)

All Replies

@zSuperKingz

Pre-order goodies or any sort of Edition specific extra content is Game/Platform linked.

So if you play on PC then you'll probably have to buy the Edition again which includes the content you want to have. 

Even tho, the overall progress of your stats ect. you get and unlock during gameplay will be able Cross-platform.

Greets,

Travis 

CCP Hero Banner 1 Grande.png

Message 2 of 26 (1,563 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@zSuperKingzYou can buy any version you like for the PC.

As long as you link each PS5 and PC game to the same EA Account, Cross Progression will work on both no matter which version you buy for your PC.  This should include your bonuses and unlocks from the Ultimate Edition.

https://www.ea.com/games/battlefield/battlefield-2042/news/battlefield-briefing-answering-your-revea...

CROSS-PROGRESSION AND CROSS-COMMERCE

Alongside cross-play we’re also building cross-progression and cross-commerce for Battlefield 2042, which will be shared across all platforms and travel with you wherever you go. For example, your unlocked progress and purchases in your PlayStation® copy of the game will carry over onto the Xbox or PC version, and vice versa*.

Hope that helps.

Message 3 of 26 (1,546 Views)

Hello @zSuperKingz

You need to buy at least Standard Edition on PC and those Ultimate Edition bonuses will transfer from PS5 to PC, but be sure you are using the same EA Account as all your content on PS5 is on that EA Account. Standard smile
_______________________ EA AHQ_______________________

- Is my answer helpful.? -> Please grant + XP
- If my post solved your problem or answered your question. -> Please Accept as Solution.
- BF1 & BFV DICE FRIEND - WindowsManTv_CZE || Twitter: WindowsManTv

CCP Hero Banner 1 Grande.png

Message 4 of 26 (1,514 Views)

★★★★ Novice

My PSN is already linked to my origin account so I'm set there. Thanks to all that replied.

Message 5 of 26 (1,511 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey @zSuperKingz,

Thanks for your visit to the forums!

While there are a few limitations to cross-progression we want to make you aware of, such as Special Edition cosmetics (such as Ultimate Edition content), the Digital Artbook & Soundtrack, unspent Premium Currency and pre-order items not carrying over, we’re excited about giving you the freedom to play and progress wherever you choose to play. Please also see our official communication regarding this: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/battlefield/battlefield-2042/news/battlefield-briefing-progression-an...

Just an FYI @WindowsManTv_CZE Wink

EA_LeeuwAHQ
Message 6 of 26 (1,486 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
Message 7 of 26 (1,370 Views)

Community Manager
Hey @marsk61,

What do you mean exactly? Standard smile
EA_LeeuwAHQ
Message 8 of 26 (1,342 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

So there is cross progress... but we can't play on those platforms using the same input device (refering to k/m on consoles) . Nice! Disappointed

Message 9 of 26 (1,198 Views)

@DamiaNMaX wrote:

So there is cross progress... but we can't play on those platforms using the same input device (refering to k/m on consoles) . Nice! Disappointed

@DamiaNMaX DICE stated MKB won't be available on console "at launch" which means they are currently looking at the best way to implement it on console and be fair. I suspect we'll see MKB on console in the future - now whether that includes restrictions we won't know until it happens.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 10 of 26 (1,185 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help