Bug Feedback

by RaginSam

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Bug Feedback

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

I feel like we need more feedback and acknowledgement on bugs that have been reported. It's obviously a lot of work and time to respond to everyone, but a Master List maybe? A notification that it has been read by a Developer... Anything at all. There's so many bugs that I've reported and have been in the game for several months if not longer. Some of them shouldn't exactly be that hard to deal with because of how specific they are and there's gotta be some coding that stands out. Like why would the Vehicle Buy Menu pop up after throwing a Proxy?! There's gotta be something fairly obvious on that one. I understand code can get complex and layered very quickly, but those things have absolutely no relation to each other, or they shouldn't.

It just feels pointless filling out the Bug reports when they're not even being acknowledged, even after months of checking back in on them. Give us something Dice.

Message 1 of 9 (837 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Bug Feedback

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey @RaginSam,

I certainly do understand where you're coming from.

Unfortunately, it is not always possible for us to directly respond in/to a thread due to various reasons (too many to mention). However, this doesn't mean that we, the Community team and the devs, do not read all the bug- or technical issue reports and feedback threads. Quite the contrary. We all read the reports, threads and posts. However, Answers HQ (AHQ) is more than a support forum — it's a global community focused on players helping players (AHQ FAQ).

EA_LeeuwAHQ

View in thread

Message 7 of 9 (691 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@RaginSam They could bring g back the Trello board that they had for BFV. It was quite nice being able to track what bugs were being worked on.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 2 of 9 (808 Views)

Champion
@ElliotLH
Agreed, that actually worked well in BFV,. it gave you some confidence / hope knowing that things were being worked on.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 3 of 9 (803 Views)

Champion

@RaginSam 

Biggest bug that has yet to be addressed is no server browser or persistent servers.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 9 (796 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@RaginSam wrote:

I feel like we need more feedback and acknowledgement on bugs that have been reported. It's obviously a lot of work and time to respond to everyone, but a Master List maybe? A notification that it has been read by a Developer... Anything at all. There's so many bugs that I've reported and have been in the game for several months if not longer. Some of them shouldn't exactly be that hard to deal with because of how specific they are and there's gotta be some coding that stands out. Like why would the Vehicle Buy Menu pop up after throwing a Proxy?! There's gotta be something fairly obvious on that one. I understand code can get complex and layered very quickly, but those things have absolutely no relation to each other, or they shouldn't.

It just feels pointless filling out the Bug reports when they're not even being acknowledged, even after months of checking back in on them. Give us something Dice.

I recall somebody had a great new idea about a closed loop system between the EA DICE and the customers/players....

We have already done our part, in reporting the 4,369 bugs and 3,326 technical issues onto this forum.  EA could simply just start to answer to those, assign priorities to the raised issues and mark them out as closed or not taken in for fixing as they tag along to work on them.  That is standard best practices by all larger software developing companies.

And also what I would expect from them as a prime investor in a $33B company.

Message 5 of 9 (756 Views)

★ Expert
@CyberDyme Literally anything would be great. Some sort of check mark after it’s been read by a Dev or Staff member and then added to a Master List. Just so we know that the bugs that are ruining our experience are at the very least acknowledged and hopefully at some point will be worked on.
Message 6 of 9 (734 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey @RaginSam,

I certainly do understand where you're coming from.

Unfortunately, it is not always possible for us to directly respond in/to a thread due to various reasons (too many to mention). However, this doesn't mean that we, the Community team and the devs, do not read all the bug- or technical issue reports and feedback threads. Quite the contrary. We all read the reports, threads and posts. However, Answers HQ (AHQ) is more than a support forum — it's a global community focused on players helping players (AHQ FAQ).

EA_LeeuwAHQ
Message 7 of 9 (692 Views)

★ Novice

This is obvius a copy and paste reply .... cmon

Message 8 of 9 (346 Views)

Community Manager

Hi Everyone,  

This post has gotten pretty old at this point, I will be locking it to prevent necroposting.  

If you are running into further issues, please make a new post letting us know what is happening and we can provide any relevant information available.  

Thanks! 

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 9 of 9 (311 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help