Banned for someone else’s action

by keyshawngoat

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Banned for someone else’s action

★★★ Novice

I was recently banned for 7 days on my ea account for hateful conduct but I was not the one playing it was my cousin playing the game. He came over my house and I told him he could play the game but don’t be loud and he hopped on apex and proceeded to be toxic toward another player. Does tos take this kind of stuff into consideration because I was not involved. I just got permanently banned from last madden a while ago and have no intention on getting ban again anytime soon and now I’m banned again on my account for another person doing something foolish on my account. Can I get the week ban lifted?

Message 1 of 12 (890 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Banned for someone else’s action

Community Manager

Hey @keyshawngoat 

Thanks for your visit to the forums!

Unfortunately, this post was posted on the board of Origin. Therefore I had to move your post to the appropriate board. No worries, but please pay attention to this in the future.

Unfortunately, any EA account sanctions cannot be discussed through the forum, but you will need to contact the Terms of Service department for this.

They will only be able to respond to the email associated with the EA-account. 

The process to contact our ToS team can be found here: https://help.ea.com/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

1. Click Contact us at the top of any page on EA Help.
  2. Select the game that your account was banned or suspended from. If it’s on your whole EA-account, choose Origin.
  3. Choose your platform.
  4. Select Manage my account, then Banned or suspended account.
  5. Fill out any other details below.
    • For example, if you picked Origin, it might ask you if you are accessing the game through an Origin Access membership.
  6. Click Select contact option.
  7. Sign in to your account that has the ban or suspension, if you aren’t already.

Good luck.

EA_LeeuwAHQ

View in thread

Message 2 of 12 (888 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @keyshawngoat 

Thanks for your visit to the forums!

Unfortunately, this post was posted on the board of Origin. Therefore I had to move your post to the appropriate board. No worries, but please pay attention to this in the future.

Unfortunately, any EA account sanctions cannot be discussed through the forum, but you will need to contact the Terms of Service department for this.

They will only be able to respond to the email associated with the EA-account. 

The process to contact our ToS team can be found here: https://help.ea.com/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

1. Click Contact us at the top of any page on EA Help.
  2. Select the game that your account was banned or suspended from. If it’s on your whole EA-account, choose Origin.
  3. Choose your platform.
  4. Select Manage my account, then Banned or suspended account.
  5. Fill out any other details below.
    • For example, if you picked Origin, it might ask you if you are accessing the game through an Origin Access membership.
  6. Click Select contact option.
  7. Sign in to your account that has the ban or suspension, if you aren’t already.

Good luck.

EA_LeeuwAHQ
Message 2 of 12 (889 Views)

@keyshawngoat sorry to hear what happened to you. I hope all goes well for you. Please be aware that according to the TOS you are responsible for your account and all that happens on it whether are not you caused a breach with the TOS. Your Ban may or may not be lifted that is up to the TOS team I am just someone like you that is willing to give you one big piece of advice. 

Keep your account safe, that may mean not letting someone who might get toxic use your account, if someone did as is your case I would think twice about letting them on the account again as these types of bans depending on the type of toxic behavior can increase in length drastically or go straight to perma ban. 

wish you the best of luck and keep your account safe.

The needs of the many,
outweigh the needs of the few or one. --Spock--

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Please note: I am a community volunteer – I do not work for EA.
Me Too – If you also have this problem – first post on thread has this button.
XP – For helpful comments (and to help others 'level up').
Mark As Solution – To help others find the answer to the issue now & in the future.
Message 3 of 12 (855 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
And another one gone, another one gone, another one bites the dust.

Take responsibility for the actions that have been committed on your account. You don’t actually think they’re going to check who said/typed what do you. Just be glad that you only got a 7 day for hateful conduct instead of the usual perm ban.
Message 4 of 12 (845 Views)

★★★ Novice

That was corny and I’m not taking responsibility for something I didn’t do

Message 5 of 12 (816 Views)

@keyshawngoat that is your call. You of course do not have to take responsibility. However the penalty was applied to your account because of how your account was used. so your account will be penalized. If you do not want that to happen to your account again in the future it would be best to take responsibility to protect your account. I am not saying you have to do that, it is your account after all.

Hope something like that does not happen to you again.

Best of luck in the outlands.

The needs of the many,

Mark As Solution – To help others find the answer to the issue now & in the future.
Message 6 of 12 (807 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@keyshawngoat, while I understand it is frustrating that you now have a sanction on your EA account (at least, that is what you mention), it is your own responsibility to make sure that nobody else other than yourself has access to your own EA account. When this is not the case, and someone else has access to your account (especially if you know said person), it is still your responsibility because it is your account and you should be in control of it.

For further clarification, please also see our Terms of Service: https://tos.ea.com/legalapp/WEBTERMS/US/en/PC/#section1

"You are responsible for the activity on your EA Account. Your EA Account may be suspended or terminated if someone else uses it to engage in activity that violates this Agreement."

EA_LeeuwAHQ
Message 7 of 12 (805 Views)

★★★ Novice

Can they at least apply the ban on the game the offense was made instead of the WHOLE account. I don’t even play apex like that but the ban is keeping me from playing other ea games.

Message 8 of 12 (781 Views)

@keyshawngoat I really feel for you man. You will have to take it up with the TOS team.

These types of Bans affect your EA account as a whole.

You are really lucky you did not end up with a permanent ban as this would have cost you your whole account for all of the EA games and you would have had to make a new account and start all over unless they decided to hand out a hardware ban which would obviously be harder to fix as you would need new hardware at that point.

I think you will end up having to wait the 7 days out. 

I hope that you will not make the mistake again and let someone else use your account again.

Best of luck and have fun playing Madden since you don't play Apex.

The needs of the many,

Message 9 of 12 (770 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

EA is not going to look at who actually did it, unfortunately. The offense was made on that account, as such, it was banned. Yes, it is frustrating, I know. If you are going to do that, you need to make 110% sure that you can trust this person. Even so, I think I am not going to give my account to someone for online play. Who knows what they might end up doing that will break the ToS. Like writing something bad in the chat, or whatever. 

Offline play? Maybe. I recently let my brother use my account, because he had issues with his. All he wanted to do was playing Metal Gear Solid 2, and my Xbox simply wouldn't let his account to transfer over the 360 dashboard. I don't know why that is, I never had issues with that. So I've let him use mine. 

Consider yourself lucky that you got just a week ban, and not a permanent one. 

Message 10 of 12 (746 Views)