Banned for no reason

by TheN1ghtlock

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Banned for no reason

★★★★ Novice

I received a ban at the beginning of this month on my Apex Legends account for supposed 'cheating'. However I have never cheated once in my life. I have been explained by EA Terms of Service that I will not receive my account back after 'investigation'. However when speaking with multiple members of staff from the Terms of Service team, I was also informed there is no suspicious activity on my account. So why have I received the ban?

The day I received my ban I had a Windows update, I received a notification that my anti-cheat had not installed correctly. I opened my anti-cheat to repair it and it said it had been fixed. There were also constant server issues for majority of the day and multiple account were being kicked out of games and servers. I was kicked out of my game and rejoined, when I joined the character selection stage, I was kicked immediately and banned. I thought this could be another server bug so I tried once more only to receive the same message, leaving me in complete shock and disbelief. I had done nothing wrong and was just playing casually with friends. When I checked my anti cheat afterwards it once again told me to repair it. I believe I have been banned due to my anti cheat bugging out through my windows update and due to it not working correctly, a ban has been given. When I have tried to explain this to Terms of Service, I have been shut down and ignored, I am adamant this is the reason a ban was given. 

When I was kicked out the game I received the notification: This client's game account has been banned: Banned.

I have tried to appeal multiple times to Terms of Service and every single time I have been brushed off. Their customer service is so disrespectful, its like they really do not care. I have only been playing Apex this year since roughly February, finally I had found a game I really enjoyed and supported. I had put money into this account for Battle Passes etc and it very quickly became my favorite game.

I had appealed multiple times and was completely shut down. I understand that if they cannot see anything on their end to dispute the ban then the account will not be given back. I also understand that they will not provide details of the reason for the ban in the worry that cheaters can find a loophole to continue playing. However I have been told via phone call by a member of staff my account had no suspicious activity. So WHY am I still being told that I am cheating? There is absolutely no evidence of such action taking place because there is nothing to dispute. I haven't done anything wrong and due to a installation error, this sanction has been given.

Message 1 of 8 (2,693 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Banned for no reason

Community Manager
Hi @TheN1ghtlock,

If you've already raised a case to the Terms of Service team on this issue and they've declined to overturn the sanction there is nothing further that can be done, the Terms of Service team have the final say on these matters.

We cannot assist with a banned account in any way over AHQ.
EACade

View in thread

Message 3 of 8 (2,627 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

+

I had also been told by this same member of staff that I needed to just get over the ban and make a new account and start again. Much to my anger, I had accepted I might not receive my account back and so I made a new account.
However, after 2 AND A HALF GAMES on my newly made account, I was banned AGAIN. Apparently now for the same reason of 'cheating'. I am so frustrated as once again their Terms of Service team again ignored my appeals and said there was nothing that can be done.

I want to know if I have received a hardware ban, as I find this customer service to be absolutely disgusting. Being banned once for no reason was infuriating enough, but to receive a second ban on an account that YOUR OWN STAFF forced me to result to? Do you enjoy poorly treating your customers? What kind of company builds up a customers hopes of returning to their favorite game, to instantly ban them again? It's a joke.

You have actual cheaters still destroying your games, yet you are banning innocent accounts who have done nothing wrong. I have scrolled for days on this forum and have seen so many people treated the exact same. I guess they also will not receive their account back to. It is disgusting customer service, there is no duty of care for those who are being treated unfairly. What do you want us to do? When we ask for a solution, the result we are given still doesn't work.

For even more evidence of my game-play, I stream on Twitch weekly (Apex WAS my main game). I attached links to my streams for evidence of my game-play but it was completely ignored. If I were to be a cheater, why would I willingly stream the game with a face-cam, show my account name and broadcast my game-play for anyone to see if I were to worry of ever being caught? What cheater in their right mind would ever do that? It makes no sense, it would put the account at risk of more bans as well as evidence to use against them.
However, I simply streamed the game as a form of enjoyment and to stream to friends who wanted to also watch my game-play. By no means am I a pro at the game, I just play for fun. But this season I finally ranked up to Plat in both ranked splits. I will no longer receive that achievement due to unfair sanctions put onto my account for an action I have NEVER done.

I would appreciate a response although I am already prepared for the comment I will get back. It wont be much help and it will tell me to go to the Terms of Service team. Who I have already contacted multiple times only to be abruptly shut down and SPOKEN OVER.

I just want to play the game again. Even if it means I will not be allowed to use my account again. However I was banned instantly when I made my second account. THAT is what is confusing me. Why am I being banned again for something I have not done wrong? Is it a bug that they have found on my account? I don't understand why I was banned for a second time. No higher than Level 5 and had only played 2 full games.

Some form of support or help would be greatly appreciated, I would just like to play my favorite game again.

Thank you

Message 2 of 8 (2,685 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @TheN1ghtlock,

If you've already raised a case to the Terms of Service team on this issue and they've declined to overturn the sanction there is nothing further that can be done, the Terms of Service team have the final say on these matters.

We cannot assist with a banned account in any way over AHQ.
EACade
Message 3 of 8 (2,628 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Cade I have accepted that I will not have access to my first Apex account.

My issue here is that I created a brand new account from the advice of the Terms of Service team and it was instantly banned after 2 and a half games.

I do not understand why this has been suggested to me for them to ban me again for no reason. I explained there was an issue with my anti cheat installation. I am trying to upload it as a file for evidence but it is constantly saying the file is too big and I do not know how to shrink the size down to make it eligible to fit.

I would just like to play the game again without being banned instantly. I am worried I have received a hardware ban which is completely unfair for one sanction which wasn't even true!

Please could you provide me with a suggestion of how to continue playing the game, as apparently making a new account doesn't seem to be working.

There is 0 suspicious activity on my account. I do not know what else to do. I am being unfairly banned every time I try to play the game.
Message 4 of 8 (2,611 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @TheN1ghtlock,

I can't really speculate on why the new account was banned, you would need to take that up with the Terms of Service team on the new account for any information related to a ban.
EACade
Message 5 of 8 (2,607 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Cade I have already contacted them and once again, The Terms of Service team said it was down to 'cheating'. Which I once again have not done.
It makes no sense why I am receiving this sanction.

The Terms of Service team are constantly closing cases on me. I don't believe there is any investigation taking place no matter how much they say there is. I would just like to know how I can create an account without being sanctioned instantly.
There is clearly some form or error or bug taking place, whether that is a hardware ban or not, I would just like to know what further action to take but no one can provide me with a truthful response.
Message 6 of 8 (2,599 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just received a ban/suspension on my account today after I got home from work, it didn’t say what for but I had just emailed the team to get it back. I e never cheated and don’t even know how to since I’m on my PS4 but coming home to play the one game I enjoy playing everyday and not able to without a reason behind it is unfairly. I’d like to regain access and allow to play again. This isn’t fair 

Message 7 of 8 (2,474 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Cade i got my account banned too i didn't play for months and after i decided to play again then i got this message saying the client's game account has been banned: Banned. i didn't even use cheat and also i didn't play for months why did i got banned
Message 8 of 8 (2,172 Views)