Banned for account name

by the_real_jazz2

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Banned for account name

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I got a 3 day suspension and account investigation for having the name [Removed by CM] which is a joke some kids are salty trash cans should I be worried about playing under that name or should I change it 

Message 1 of 7 (437 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Banned for account name

Community Manager

Do not share a username that our TOS team seem offensive on AHQ @the_real_jazz2.

You will need to speak to our Terms of Service team.

The process to contact our ToS team can be found here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

1. Click Contact us at the top of any page on EA Help.
  2. Select the game that your account was banned or suspended from. If it’s on your whole EA Account, choose Origin.
  3. Choose your platform.
  4. Select Manage my account, then Banned or suspended account.
  5. Fill out any other details below.
    • For example, if you picked Origin, it might ask you if you are accessing the game through an Origin Access membership.
  6. Click Select contact option.
  7. Sign in to your account that has the ban or suspension, if you aren’t already.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 5 of 7 (385 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Pro
@the_real_jazz2 Well you got a suspension for the name. If you don't change it what do you think is going to happen...........
Message 2 of 7 (424 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just don’t wanna loose my progress over an account name

Message 3 of 7 (414 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@the_real_jazz2 

​The EA ticket system is an input automation system, Where if enough people vote towards someone, it activates and takes programmed steps. It was set up like this with the mindset that if someone was innocent, they would create a support ticket to challenge the offence.​​ It's very possible that a bunch of people didn't like you for whatever reason/s either it be gameplay or something else and used your name as the excuse to get in the door, so to speak.

Also, most of all actual support (when you create a ticket) is outsourced to support companies. It would be accurate to assume they don't play the game and/ or EA games altogether, So be as detailed as possible. Also, try to be as friendly as possible. If the support agent is having a bad day, they can take it out on your case with no repercussions directly from EA.

What I would do is challenge the suspension and create a ticket to the actual support division over using these forums for any actual support topics. This site is just good for SEO (search engine optimization) purposes so if someone searches for it, it gets cached, but isn't actually good for support questions.
Message 4 of 7 (392 Views)

Community Manager

Do not share a username that our TOS team seem offensive on AHQ @the_real_jazz2.

You will need to speak to our Terms of Service team.

The process to contact our ToS team can be found here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

1. Click Contact us at the top of any page on EA Help.
  2. Select the game that your account was banned or suspended from. If it’s on your whole EA Account, choose Origin.
  3. Choose your platform.
  4. Select Manage my account, then Banned or suspended account.
  5. Fill out any other details below.
    • For example, if you picked Origin, it might ask you if you are accessing the game through an Origin Access membership.
  6. Click Select contact option.
  7. Sign in to your account that has the ban or suspension, if you aren’t already.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 5 of 7 (386 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I submitted a ticket what now I was kinda hopin to hit diamond tonight but I don’t think it’ll be happening 

Message 6 of 7 (368 Views)

Community Manager

You will need to wait for our TOS team to respond @Weadbrecht.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 7 of 7 (360 Views)