Banned Cheaters

by cloudstiffe

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Banned Cheaters

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

You know they should banned cheaters by serial number on motherboard or MAC address. Also how will the deal with the controllers that have recoil adjustment software in it.

I ask COD support and they seem not to care or as if this will not work. Sorry but right now hardware is pricy and no one can change MAC address like a IP address.

Titled edited to remove ALL CAPS - ElliotLH 

Message 1 of 5 (765 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Banned Cheaters

Community Manager

Hey @cloudstiffe the COD series is not an EA one, as such I will be locking this thread as we do not allow posts about non-EA games on AHQ.

Darko 

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (751 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @cloudstiffe the COD series is not an EA one, as such I will be locking this thread as we do not allow posts about non-EA games on AHQ.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 2 of 5 (752 Views)

★ Guide
@cloudstiffe

HWID spoofers can change MAC-addresses, so now there is only expensive hardware.
Message 3 of 5 (591 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@SpoolaZ wrote:
@cloudstiffe

HWID spoofers can change MAC-addresses, so now there is only expensive hardware.

Yeah @SpoolaZ ,

It starts to become more and more sophisticated!  :o)

Sony PSN SIE have the last 3 years been locking rogue PlayStation hardware off the PSN network by using the internal chip serial numbers.  That have so far worked for them very very well, as they of course have the full control of the box integrity, both hardware and software.  Don't know how solid that would work in the PC world, where integrity is hard to come by, but I do know that MSFT and INTEL are using the CPU serial number IDs also there.  So far its been solid enough for legal cases at court.

Message 4 of 5 (580 Views)

★ Guide
@cloudstiffe GUID bans are currently given which i know in some instances are generated using the MAC address of the local Ethernet card. The only issue is virtually anything can be spoofed.
Message 5 of 5 (529 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help