Anniversary Event Hierloom Shards

by WingyDingy111

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Anniversary Event Hierloom Shards

★★★ Novice

Does anyone know if a player who has unlocked all the current heirlooms will be prevented from getting heirloom shards through the anniversary event?

I know that you cannot get shards through packs once all available heirlooms have been unlocked, but because of the reduced crafting cost, it would be nice to be able to bank shards for a future heirloom. 

Can anyone at EA confirm? I have reviewed all the event promo material and it doesn't say one way or the other. Thanks.

Message 1 of 11 (717 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Anniversary Event Hierloom Shards

Community Manager

Hi, sorry for not getting an answer before event start, but I did get a confirmation. 

Yes, if can still complete the event and earn Heirloom shards to "bank", even if you have already attained all previously released Heirlooms. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 10 of 11 (536 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@WingyDingy111 When it comes to the heirlooms it self i do believe they stated some where that once all are obtained they wont be granted anymore.

Not 100% positive but i recall them stating this.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 11 (705 Views)

★★★ Novice

@E9ine_AC Yes. That is true of obtaining the heirloom shards through regular packs. I am thinking that event packs are different since in other posts people have stated that event packs arent linked to regular packs (or the heirloom pack counter - aka 500 packs). Hopefully someone at EA will clarify. It would be nice to be able to take advantage of the lower crafting cost.

Message 3 of 11 (694 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@WingyDingy111@EA_Barry any chance you can clarify on this? I can't remember for sure if event shards could be stock pilled or not.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 11 (692 Views)

★★ Pro
@WingyDingy111 Here is my take. You won't get anymore shards from Apex packs as RNG drops once you have unlocked everything. But event does not count in that, so I think you are good to go.
Message 5 of 11 (681 Views)

★★★ Novice

@ILostT0Loba Thanks. I agree that would be the logical answer. However, throughout the past 2 years playing this game, I have learned not to apply logic to simple questions. Hoping for an official response from EA before purchasing the event items.

Message 6 of 11 (637 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@WingyDingy111Are you on Twitter? You can tag and ask a dev there.

NVM I just tweeted it to a dev, let's see if he replies 

Message 7 of 11 (625 Views)

★ Guide

@EA_Kent , This sounds like it might be an important topic in your ballpark.

Message 8 of 11 (619 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've seen lots of posts asking this question. Any chance EA can answer?

Message 9 of 11 (560 Views)

Community Manager

Hi, sorry for not getting an answer before event start, but I did get a confirmation. 

Yes, if can still complete the event and earn Heirloom shards to "bank", even if you have already attained all previously released Heirlooms. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 10 of 11 (537 Views)