missing mods bug

★★★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? android phone
OS Version no
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 181679453
What type of issue do you have? Other
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug Sometime in the last 3 or 4 weeks, all my unassigned, unlocked mods disappeared. This happened well after the Fix from early September. I can confirm I still had my mods on 10/19 because I modded the two new marquee characters. I need my mods returned. EA in game help was awful. This is a known bug. I need this resolved. I don't want compensation. I want my mods that took years to develop. These were very good mods I lost
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It was a known issue. I was not affect when the fix happened. My issue happened recently. I need this to be resolved. I've spent a lot of money on this account and lost something of really high value in this game
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country United States

My unassigned mods disappeared. This happened in the last 30 days. This issue happened to others in August. EA has been no help. They said I sold them. They accused me of using an outside device. They said this was already addressed and I was not affected. They (twice) offered to restore only my tier 4,5,6 mods. I agreed twice and it never happened. I finally got a guy that agreed to restore my mods. He sent me about 50 complete garbage mods. Partially leveled blue and purple mods and about 25 gold offense squares leveled none with speed. These were not my mods. I did nothing to cause this. I've spent a ton of time, resources and real money on this and they are gone. This is the third day and probably 7 hours trying to get this fixed. I dont want compensation, I just want my mods back

Message 2 of 22 (13,995 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: missing mods bug

EA Live QV Team

Hi @rvdbandit, and thank you for the report.

Not sure what known bug you are referring to here. Looking at the logs available to us, we can see that you sold 458 mods on Nov 6th, 9:04 am GMT. Our Customer Support should be able to assist with the restoration of some of them in line with their established process.

View in thread

Message 4 of 22 (13,965 Views)

All Replies

disappearing mods

★★★★ Novice

My mods disappeared

Message 1 of 22 (14,027 Views)

Re: disappearing mods

Community Manager
Hi @rvdbandit,

What game would this be for? I'll help get your thread to the most relevant board and that should help improve the chances for the community to see and engage with it.

- EA_Lanna
Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 3 of 22 (13,980 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Hi @rvdbandit, and thank you for the report.

Not sure what known bug you are referring to here. Looking at the logs available to us, we can see that you sold 458 mods on Nov 6th, 9:04 am GMT. Our Customer Support should be able to assist with the restoration of some of them in line with their established process.

Message 4 of 22 (13,966 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Star Wars Galaxy of heroes

Message 5 of 22 (13,967 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @rvdbandit

Ah I see. You're on the right board already! If you're missing mods, please get in touch with the EA Help Support team. They should be able to restore your mods. This guide will share how to contact them for SWGOH cases: 

- EA_Lanna

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 6 of 22 (13,964 Views)

★★★★ Novice

That is probably the date. I NEVER SOLD THOSE MODS! This was from September. https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/258459/known-issue-mod-inventory This likely happened to me on November 6th.

Message 7 of 22 (13,949 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have done that. I have spent probably 8 hours dealing with them. They first tried to blame me. They then said the problem was resolved and I was unaffected. They then (twice) agreed to restore only my tier 4,5,6 mods. I twice agreed and it never happened. Their goal was not to help but too make me go away. They are probably the worst customer service for any company. But I would suspect you already knew this

Message 8 of 22 (13,956 Views)

EA Live QV Team

We fixed the issue you linked at the beginning of September. Additionally, that issue only made the mods invisible to a player; the mods themselves still existed on any player's account. They just couldn't access them due to them being hidden.

Message 9 of 22 (13,946 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @rvdbandit,

I'm sorry to hear it went down like that. That doesn't sound like a good experience at all...mixed messages coming through there. Unfortunately, you'll need to stick with them. They are the only channel that can help with missing content.

If you've been in touch with them already, you should have a case number that links to your account. Grab that number, along with your Player ID/Ally Code (just incase it's needed) and try contacting the support team through live support (Phone/Chat). Talking in real time may bring better results and speed things up (less over and back and you can point them to the cases where advisors agreed to restore the mods).

- EA_Lanna

Message 10 of 22 (13,951 Views)