Original Post

Accepted Solution

Ranked Arenas improper AP

★★★★★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PlayStation 5
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 5
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Strombols28
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? Returning to the lobby after a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Multiplayer menu
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Post game
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? Hours worth
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 08/20/2021
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? You don’t receive proper AP points for ranked.
What should be happening instead? Receiving the correct AP
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Playing ranked arena matches

Ranked arenas uses the invisible ranking for matchmaking capabilities. But, it is supposed to increase and decrease with how you do and therefore your AP is also affected by it. 

For example, a game I received  5K XP (which means there’s good stats for the game) and the AP is nothing more than 20 AP. I only play with a party and everyone is among the same tier and has extremely similar stats; they receive 100 no matter the stats. One game someone has 100 total damage and 0 kills and they got +106 AP. That same game I had 6 kills with over 2K damage and I received +20… that’s not right. 

This also started to happen to someone I know who just recently got into Platinum tier in arenas; my current ranking is Gold. 

Customer service rep told me to post on here. Just a heads up I had two separate customer service reps tell me something is wrong and needs/will be fixed in due time. 

Message 1 of 29 (2,521 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Ranked Arenas improper AP

EA DICE Team
The amount of AP you are getting is working as intended @MattElDogo_NYC @strombols28

/Atic

View in thread

Message 3 of 29 (2,437 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

Same here. I only get 12 to 25 AP / win. I’m plat4. I play with friends getting 80 to 100 AP / win. They got gold2 like me after the 10 initial games. We play mostly together and they’re almost diamond when I’m grinding plat4 with 12AP / win. Frustrating. 

Message 2 of 29 (2,470 Views)

EA DICE Team
The amount of AP you are getting is working as intended @MattElDogo_NYC @strombols28

/Atic
Message 3 of 29 (2,438 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Unfortunately it isn’t. Based on their ranking system and the way AP works, especially how you get placed against opponents, it’s based on individual performance per game and they generate a rank for you. 

Therefore, if you’re playing in a party with people who are doing less or almost equal to your individual performance and have been over the course of those games; considering I only play with the same people, they shouldn’t be receiving more AP for less stats over the same course of games. That’s a major flaw in this system and more and more people are facing these issues more so now than ever before. 

The online agents on multiple occasions said I was correct and something isn’t correct with how the game is giving me AP (speaking of my personal issue). 

Message 4 of 29 (2,431 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA_Atic  I agree with @strombols28. It isn’t working as intended. 
how is it possible for my friends who play most of the time with me to get 70-80 more AP than me ?

We all ranked ( with the same friends ) gold 2 after the 10 placement games. Again, most of the time our stats are similar so I’d say we have pretty much the same level. But they always get 80-100 AP / win when I never get more than 25 ( but usually only 12 ) even if we win and if I kill players clearly better than me seeing their master badges. 
So right now, I’m Plat 4, I have about 20 more wins than my friends for the same win rate. And they are Plat 1. 
Please @EA_Atic , explain me how is this working as intended. Because it doesn’t seem fair to me as we speak. 
Thanks ! 

Message 5 of 29 (2,424 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yea i agree with @strombols28 this ranking system makes zero sense. I play with the same friends everyday which means we are playing the same opponents and getting the same outcomes.

@EA_Atic you cant sit there and say that its working correctly when people play the same opponents and are getting the same wins/losses but are getting a big difference in points. Whats the point of even playing at that point. Scoring system isnt fair whatsoever. I know we are not the only ones to report this either.

Message 6 of 29 (2,403 Views)

★★ Novice

SO frustrating

Message 7 of 29 (2,380 Views)

★ Guide
@EA_Atic It is not
Message 8 of 29 (2,373 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@EA_Atic I just did some digging around.. every time someone has this same exact issue you comment the same exact way every time. Different posts same responses.. doesn’t seem quite professional. 

Obviously something isn’t working properly if everyone has extremely similar problems or the same exact problem stemming from one thing and one thing only, post game proper AP. 

Figure it out!!! Game provides no purpose in playing until a resolution is reached with someone willing to help. EA online support told me to post here for a reason.. because I’m right that it’s not working properly and they wanted others to see the issue if they’re also having this problem. 

Message 9 of 29 (2,344 Views)

★★ Novice

Yup, Ranked Arenas is having issues with the AP system. I've had this problem for a few days and fgured maybe it would fix itself but it hasen't and has gotten anoyying to play ranked arenas. The Issue being getting the same improper AP from matches won while others in  your party or group u ran with get much higher regardless of how well you did. Currently iam getting 16-18 AP Per Win and Lossing 12 per match if its a lose. Tell me how that is right when i use to get 40+ per wins. I can carry a group or do crappy doesnt matter my end result from winning a match is 16-18 AP tops. Iam in Gold rank 3 atm and this happens in every arena map. I only use revenant and iam somewhat new to the game but dont use any type of software or addons for this game. Apex is actually the only game installed on my pc. Also game with my bro who plays on xbox and doesn't exprience these issues and agrees with me that my ap is bugged. Also chatted to randoms in ranked groups and  they would get more ap in the same arenas we did that we won with me doing top dmg for that match. Hope this issue gets fixed soon, really reall really enjoy ranked arenas.

Message 10 of 29 (2,325 Views)