Accepted Solution

Preds boosting in ranked

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Netulo
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Pathfinder
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. During the full game
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Waiting to play
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? Yes
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 1
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) Everyday
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? We cannot play the game properly since we have to fight people concluding with other squads un ordre to be 6 to play against trios
What should be happening instead? Be able to play the game properly
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Look into the historic of the player’s games.

Hello, 

I am here to report this because it has become unplayable for us masters and preds.

Since several seasons on console (xbox and PlayStation) people are Boosting each other’s ranks.

They try to get in the same game, they drop in the same place, kill themeselves multiple times in a row in order to get KPs, then craft respawn beacons, respawn their dead ”allies” and do the same process again.

Next when zone comes to them, they move, starting to kill other teams on 6v3.

At the end of the game, they start boosting again to get more KP until the last zone closes.

Right now it is way harder than it should be to get pred as at least half of the predators on console are doing this. 

And if you have a closer look onto the top 100 preds on each console, you will see that at least 3/4 of them are boosted.

Keep in mind that they all play the same characters: crypto loba pathfinder

We have tried several things such as changing servers but they are everywhere.

Maybe you can put in place a system which spot people who kill 5 times the same guy who has been respawned 5 times in the same game in order to ban them.

They are ruining the game and the ranked experience is being horrible nowadays.

Please do something it is not normal that at least half of console preds are boosting for an entire season without getting banned.

Thanks for your time, I hope someone will read this and do something about it.

[CM - Edited to remove player name. 

• Don't "name and shame." If you see a suspected cheater, please report them by using the appropriate tools. We can't take any action against such accounts on Answers HQ, and such posts can lead to harassment.]
Message 1 of 3 (346 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Preds boosting in ranked

Community Manager

Hey @the-boss7303,

Thank you for the feedback, though I've edited the post to remove any player names as we cannot address these types of reports via the forums.

• Don't "name and shame." If you see a suspected cheater, please report them by using the appropriate tools. We can't take any action against such accounts on Answers HQ, and such posts can lead to harassment.

We'll pass along the feedback itself as well, thanks again.

Mako.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (330 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @the-boss7303,

Thank you for the feedback, though I've edited the post to remove any player names as we cannot address these types of reports via the forums.

• Don't "name and shame." If you see a suspected cheater, please report them by using the appropriate tools. We can't take any action against such accounts on Answers HQ, and such posts can lead to harassment.

We'll pass along the feedback itself as well, thanks again.

Mako.png
Message 2 of 3 (331 Views)

★★★ Newbie

They tell us to report on the "official" ways, but as far as I can tell the "official" way is just to report when you're watching the squad that killed you (onyl if they killed you) and then you get to report.
I have searched everywhere for a mean to report cheaters that we find (for example) in a video from a community or someone's stream. But I've found none! They have proof, they have videos and everything but they can only report ONCE! Then we see the video and we can't help reporting them because EA doesn't provide the means. What the hell?? I'm I missing something?? Is there a mysterious website or discord that we can report them that I don't know???

The other games have such great report systems, look at DOTA! They even created a system where the most valuable players (players with no report at all) can help the community by analysing suspicious behavior from other players using the recorded match. You see?? Apex doesn't even record the matches! We can't go back and replay the match to see the cheaters and collect actual proof!

I follow an Apex community on Facebook and we see reports of cheaters EVERYDAY with video and everything.

Message 3 of 3 (295 Views)