Original Post

Accepted Solution

Lagging out

★★★ Newbie

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4 Slim
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Wolf_blade27
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Bloodhound
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? Lifeline and loba
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Elysium
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Going down the zipline
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 8
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) March 3rd 2022
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? I started regular lagging and the I bugged out of the game and it was a ranked match and it wouldt put me back in the game and then I got an abandonment penalty
What should be happening instead? I should have came back into the game after I lagged out
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I have no clue how you can find this just make your wifi bad and then lag out of the game in ranked.

I hope apex can fix this issue cause I have never left my game before and I wast expecting to lag out enough where I xouldt get back in the match.

Message 1 of 11 (1,959 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Lagging out

Community Manager

Hi @wolfblade987

I'd like to try running through some troubleshooting steps to see if we can help stop this from happening. 

A good place to start out would be with the basic and advanced connectivity steps from the EA Help website. If you're still running into any lag issues after that please let me know. Thanks! 

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 11 (1,885 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi @wolfblade987

I'd like to try running through some troubleshooting steps to see if we can help stop this from happening. 

A good place to start out would be with the basic and advanced connectivity steps from the EA Help website. If you're still running into any lag issues after that please let me know. Thanks! 

Kent.png
Message 2 of 11 (1,886 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same problem on Xbox one s. Got hit with an abandon penalty and no option to rejoin

Message 3 of 11 (1,823 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @bigdaddyscuba

Is this something you've been seeing a lot? If so, are you noticing any of the in-game performance icons popping up around the time it happens? 

Kent.png
Message 4 of 11 (1,692 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I lagged out just like you but I was just playing like normal I was not on no zip line. I lost RP in ranked

Message 5 of 11 (1,514 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @BatmanViper1977

Do you also play on PS4, or are you playing on a different platform? 

Kent.png
Message 6 of 11 (1,300 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The lagged out happens alot mor now like every other match my wifi is ok it doesn't matter what legends I play or where I'm at on map or what I'm doing it just lags out then I get a crappy 10 min penalty and it's not even my fault like wtf apex either remove the abandon penalty for rank until its fixed or actually make a separate patch for it its alot more common than 0eople say it is and it's bull because all the problems started when crossplay released 

Message 7 of 11 (1,162 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i have the same problem i keep lagging like crazy i have good internet but my ping has been at 600-2,000 for 3 days now and i havent been able to play apex 

Message 8 of 11 (998 Views)

★ Novice

Im experiencing the same problem too. I tried putting all my graphics to the lowest possible, even using lowest resolution. I get high fps but lag/stuttering like crazy, even more crazy is that I even lag inside the main menu. And whats even crazier is that when I play other games, smooth as butter. 

Message 9 of 11 (921 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks for the updates!

If you're playing on PC would you mind sharing a DxDiag so we can take a look? For more info on how to pull one up check out the EA Help website. 

Once you have the text file please attach it to this thread. Thanks! 

Kent.png
Message 10 of 11 (762 Views)