Original Post

Accepted Solution

Greyed out cross play

★★★ Newbie

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Xbox Series X
Please specify your platform model. Microsoft Xbox Series S
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? donttreadonme51
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In the lobby (waiting area before the match)
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Enable cross play
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. In the menu
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? Thousands
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm)
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue?
What happens when the bug occurs? Does not give me the optio. To enable or disable cross play
What should be happening instead? I should be able to enable or disable cross play
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to the settings and scroll down in the gameplay section to cross play option.

I don’t have any photos 

Message 1 of 7 (4,230 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Greyed out cross play

Community Manager

Hey @devildogrunt

Have you checked your Xbox account settings to make sure the option for cross-play is enabled there? 

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (4,198 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @devildogrunt

Have you checked your Xbox account settings to make sure the option for cross-play is enabled there? 

Kent.png
Message 2 of 7 (4,199 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Kent yes but its not there
Message 3 of 7 (2,603 Views)

Community Manager

@lfdcgamers Hey, it's been a while since I looked at it, but I believe on Xbox the toggle is outside of the game.

If it's enabled in your Communication & Multiplayer system options, it should be active. Are you having any issues related to playing with users on other systems?

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 7 (2,590 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having a similar problem where I cannot see my friends who play on PS5 or PC even if they are online.

Message 5 of 7 (2,570 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Many people have this aissue. It is not the crossplay global setting in Xbox. It is Apex specific. One day I'm playing with other platform friends on Ap ex, then out of the blue, they disappeared from my friends list and the Apex settings have crossplay option greyed out and unable to enable or disable. Yet I can crossplay on other games, so it isn't Xbox settings. It's an Apex bug. It used to work fine, now it doesn't. Is there a fix?

Message 6 of 7 (2,173 Views)

★★★ Newbie

We’re you ever able to find a solution to this bug ? 

Message 7 of 7 (1,468 Views)