Accepted Solution

Game won't even load

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Nintendo Switch
Please specify your platform model. Nintendo Switch
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Lokinzie
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In the lobby (waiting area before the match)
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Not on a map
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Trying to start up the game
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? Over 10
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 24/02/22 6:45pm New York
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? Main menu does load and game crashes
What should be happening instead? The main menu should load
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open Apex Legends from home screen Once on the main menu instead of loading into the lobby open accessibility settings Change a setting Close menu Should crash and crash every-time you open the app

I'm on Nintendo Switch and I changed an accessibility setting in the main menu and now my game won't even load the main menu. I can't change the setting back and don't know whats wrong, I've changed the setting before but I guess doing it in the main menu was an issue. Its been over 2 weeks and I have no solution and just really would like to play the game.

Message 1 of 5 (564 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game won't even load

★★ Novice

I'm not sure what fixed it but it did. There was an update today but I didn't have space so I moved apex from my system memory to my SD card and it is now working. I think it may have been the update but I'm not sure, the setting I changed that caused the issue was still changed and I changed it make from the game lobby and its fine.

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (353 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team
@lokinzie Have you tried to reinstall the game?

/Atic
Message 2 of 5 (486 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@EA_Atic Ya, I talked to 3 separate people from the EA help page, they all gave me the same advice. I've reinstalled it and checked for corrupted data several times to no avail. I was also playing before I changed the setting so it's led me to think that was the cause but I can't change it back cause the game won't even load the main menu anymore.

Message 3 of 5 (415 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm not sure what fixed it but it did. There was an update today but I didn't have space so I moved apex from my system memory to my SD card and it is now working. I think it may have been the update but I'm not sure, the setting I changed that caused the issue was still changed and I changed it make from the game lobby and its fine.

Message 4 of 5 (354 Views)

EA DICE Team
Great to hear! @lokinzie

/Atic
Message 5 of 5 (317 Views)