Game crashed while opening pack. No rewards given and pack is gone

by aspectt

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game crashed while opening pack. No rewards given and pack is gone

★★ Novice

I just leveled up in Apex after a few games and I received a pack for it. As I went to open the pack, the game froze and the sound of the pack opening was stuck on repeat. It soon crashed and I had to relaunch the game. When I was back in the main lobby, I no longer had the pack to open and I had no new rewards or crafting metals. This has only happened one other time to me, but it crashed after I opened the pack. when I relaunched that time, I still had the rewards I had from that pack, this time I don't have anything. Just afraid it could have been my 1/500 Heirloom pack that I can no longer claim the shards from, since the time it crashed before, I had the metals and new legend items in the gallery, and this time there is nothing. I don't want that 500 pack timer to have restarted if this was my lucky day.

Message 1 of 8 (548 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game crashed while opening pack. No rewards given and pack is gone

Community Manager

Hey @aspectt,

Sorry you ran into some trouble with that pack. Fortunately as @XHelperZ mentioned, the contents are added to your account immediately when you click to open a pack, regardless of whether you see the animation play out.

This means you won't miss out on the contents even if there was a crash or disconnect, though it may not be showing the new item notifications if there was a disconnection during that process.

In this case it looks like the last pack opened shortly before your case was created contained the Triple Threat Mirage pose, Sunfire Triple Take skin, and the Vino Bloodhound skin so those should be available to you in-game.

Mako.png

View in thread

Message 6 of 8 (460 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice
@aspectt I'm almost halfway to the 500 mark. please don't let it have been a bad coincidence and it have restarted.
Message 2 of 8 (531 Views)

Champion

@aspectt 

Items are determined at the moment you open the pack, the game closing mid-animation shouldn't affect the items from the pack.

Might be an obscure quip or a holospray somewhere.

Message 3 of 8 (506 Views)

★★ Novice
@XHelperZ The thing is, the pack really never opened. It wasn’t even spinning before it froze and crashed. The sound of it starting to spin was stuck on repeat and it never stopped doing that; the sound didn’t change to it opening or showing the colored lights. Also in the legend menu, there were no red marks telling me I had anything new, and trust me, I went through my legends to see if I missed something…nothing new is there for any of them. As soon as I clicked the open pack button, it froze, played the sound of it starting to spin, never stopped playing that sound, got stuck there, and crashed. Customer support told me to tell what happened here, because there are several people who have experienced this and have contacted customer service, and there is nothing that they can do, only to keep saying it’s a problem here, so it can get fixed. They also told me since this has happened to several others, someone here should be able to figure out what happened, and someone should know how to get what i lost back; also marked the ticket I created on EA Help as a serious issue. There is nothing new in the legend menu, weapon skin menu, or weapon charm menu. All I want is what I lost back. If this was my 1/500 heirloom pack and you said it’s determined the moment it opens, that means if it was, the 500 pack timer restarted and I received absolutely nothing. I just want back what I was supposed to get.
Message 4 of 8 (486 Views)

★★ Novice
@XHelperZ all I need to know is if there is a way to get back what I was going to get from that pack. If that was my lucky pack and I was not able to get the shards, I do not want the 500 box timer to have restarted since I'm almost halfway there. Even if it wasn't the heirloom pack this time, I still would like to receive whatever I was supposed to be getting.
Message 5 of 8 (470 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @aspectt,

Sorry you ran into some trouble with that pack. Fortunately as @XHelperZ mentioned, the contents are added to your account immediately when you click to open a pack, regardless of whether you see the animation play out.

This means you won't miss out on the contents even if there was a crash or disconnect, though it may not be showing the new item notifications if there was a disconnection during that process.

In this case it looks like the last pack opened shortly before your case was created contained the Triple Threat Mirage pose, Sunfire Triple Take skin, and the Vino Bloodhound skin so those should be available to you in-game.

Mako.png
Message 6 of 8 (461 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Mako thank you!
Message 7 of 8 (454 Views)

Community Manager

@aspectt Happy to clarify, enjoy! Thumbs up

Mako.png
Message 8 of 8 (444 Views)